MTA should start putting MVM's in more places.

Lennyj17

On the issue of MVMs, first, IMO, the TVMs for LIRR machines should be reprogrammed to offer a full-line of MetroCards, including the 7 Day, 7 Day Express Bus Plus, and the 30 Day MetroCards, plus refills. That would probably solve most of the Nassau County issues...in Westchester, the only places I would see as warranting MVMs are, would be by Getty Square and by the White Plains Transcenter.

In New York City, I would place MVMs at 5 additional locations: The JFK stop by the now-demolished Sundrome (Terminal 6 - where the Q3, Q10, and B15 stop in the Central Terminal area), and LaGuardia Terminals A, C, and D.

When you say Far Queens, what part of Queens are you talking about? I can say that here in Northeast Queens, we don't really need any MVMs. There are places that sell metrocards along the Q12 on both ends. Yeah, it would be nice and a little more convenient to have the LIRR Station machines reprogrammed to refill metrocards and print all types of metrocards, not just $20 ones. That's really all that NICE needs since most of their routes start and end at LIRR stations.

• 2 weeks later...

When you say Far Queens, what part of Queens are you talking about? I can say that here in Northeast Queens, we don't really need any MVMs. There are places that sell metrocards along the Q12 on both ends. Yeah, it would be nice and a little more convenient to have the LIRR Station machines reprogrammed to refill metrocards and print all types of metrocards, not just $20 ones. That's really all that NICE needs since most of their routes start and end at LIRR stations.

The parts of queens far from Subway stations doesn't matter which direction....I'm sorry I don't buy any area doesn't need additional MVM's outside of Manhattan...

1 - MTA is pushing people to Refill existing cards not keep buying new ones, so I'm guessing that MTA or the Stores will be charging the "New Card" fee as well once the MTA implements it.

I would agree with more MVM's stationed at major Metro-North and LIRR Stops, as well as connecting bus stops, like the 7-Eleven at Queens Village where NY Trailways and Coach USA serve.

I agree MTA should have them placed everywhere for convenience even if its just the Credit Debit card Machines and all they could do was Refill cards....Should be in every Grocery Store, Drug Store, and will participating Bodega's.

Where my Mom lives in Section 2 (Carver Loop) of Co-Op city, I know many residents would love to be able to refill their cards at the Stop Shop right across the street.

But then again you have Vandals out in Queens.

You have vandals everywhere.

Wouldn't the Metro North station across the street sell metrocards?

You have to purchase one with a ticket. One side is a ticket. The other a paper MetroCard.

Who purchases the machines? Who pays the power bill? Who is responsible for keeping them stocked and for making repairs? Who pays rent for the space they occupy?

Don't forget that the MetroCard system is going the way of the dodo bird in a few years.

I agree MTA should have them placed everywhere for convenience even if its just the Credit Debit card Machines and all they could do was Refill cards....Should be in every Grocery Store, Drug Store, and will participating Bodega's.

Where my Mom lives in Section 2 (Carver Loop) of Co-Op city, I know many residents would love to be able to refill their cards at the Stop Shop right across the street.

I wouldn't necessarily say everywhere, just places like Stop & Shop and CVS (major chain stores), e.t.c., just like other transit agencies like WMATA and MTA Maryland,

Archived