Shovel Your Sidewalks!!!

Burrstone

I really hate seeing mounds of snow with blotches of yellow in it every time I have to march in tears through the Grand Concourse while being careful not to slide into dogsh!t every ten steps along the way. Is this a problem that happens in Riverdale in the Boggie Down? If so, yo, put me on with what the real estate situation situation is there! Please?

lol... We have LOTS of dogs here and I always see folks walking their dogs, be it late at night or early in the morning. For the most part people actually heed the signs and curb their dogs and if they don't, with all of the co-ops and condos around here it gets cleaned up quickly, otherwise folks would make a stink.  As for the real estate situation, rents are definitely going up here and quickly.  There were some decent deals here last year because of the economy and now I noticed that I don't see as many of them.  I heard one lady talking about how a lady she knows was paying $1,300.00 for a 1 bedroom and now she's paying $1,800.00 for that same place and it isn't a luxury apt. either. Usually the winter tends to be slow so you can get some deals but $1,300.00 is slowly becoming the bare bottom for a 1 bedroom and for luxury I've seen prices at $2,200.00 for a 1 bedroom.  The only true deal you could perhaps find here is if you lived in Northern Riverdale towards the Yonkers border along Broadway in downstairs Riverdale because where I'm at here in Riverdale, this is probably the most desirable and expensive part since it is very close to Fieldston and close to the shopping, the express buses and so on.  The closer you get to the Henry Hudson Parkway and towards the Hudson River, the more expensive it becomes because of the views, etc.

I say this because I would not live in Riverdale if I couldn't afford MetroNorth and the express bus comfortably because having to deal with the local buses and the subways to get anywhere from Riverdale is insane and a royal PITA, which is one reason why the prices are a little lower compared to Manhattan because of the perceived transportation issues (expensive) and lack of amenities (compared to Manhattan of course).

Archived