Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
XcelsiorBoii4888

Whats that strange sound?? Ohh yeah...4888

Im confused to why 4888 sounds like this...although i sounds amazing in my opinion...its the ONLY XD40 sounding like this soo far...

4888 (this morning)

4888 (during Nor'easter snowstorm)

• Upvote 1

Thanks yeahh it sure is...it sounds like the fan belt...

That's not the fan belt, its the transmission. The Newer C40LF's the 100's 200's 300's 400's & 500's are starting to do that now.

That's not the fan belt, its the transmission. The Newer C40LF's the 100's 200's 300's 400's & 500's are starting to do that now.

oohh wow...need some more xcelsiors making that noise

Xcellent videos!! sounds cool

thanks!

oohh wow...need some more xcelsiors making that noise

thanks!

No, that's not good. These buses shouldn't be doing this, I get tired of the C40's whining.

No, that's not good. These buses shouldn't be doing this, I get tired of the C40's whining.

Yeahh...SMH...i lovee this sound...is it similar to what happened to Nova LFSA 5773 when it got delivered?

• Upvote 1

How the hell is a bus f**ked up in just one year of service? At least it isn't the tick of death.

How the hell is a bus f**ked up in just one year of service? At least it isn't the tick of death.

It hasn't been a year yet.... Look who owns the bus "Castleton" They kill everything! Well I can't really blame them, buses just start having their moods at times and this is a time where 4888 starts sounding the way it does. The C40's are all making that noise and they sound the same, some are louder and some are low. It gets on my nerves sometimes but hey atleast the bus moves!
  • Upvote 1