Medical Exam

jr927

Any word of advice for a possible new Bus Operator?

If you want advice as far as the medical is concerned you should try to have yourself checked out by your regular doctor just to make sure you dont have any issues with passing the MTA medical exam. Thats what i did and i did not have any problems passing the medical. i didnt want to be placed on HOLD.

EXCELLENT advice Ny Trucker. Weight doesn't mean much at all, blood pressure eye sight and heart are very important. If you have high blood pressure I believe they will require you to have a medical every year instead of every other year, eyes, ears and heart are self explanatory. Advice, really nothing, I personally don't eat any breakfast to make sure I don't eat anything that might raise my blood pressure, just try not to be too nervous, it's not as bad as you might think it is.

Thanks Guys. Yes the Medical is for exam 8006. I am list number 160, I differed then decided to reinstate my number. They called me yesterday to come in for the medical on 1/3/13 There is a class starting on 1/14/13, that hopefully I will get in. Thanks again.

Workfor13. I'm list 160 because the first time I was called I differed not to go. I took the drug test on 12/20, and I was called to report for the medical on 12/28. I was probably called first because of my list number. A woman at the MTA told me that there is a class starting on 1/14 and I needed to get my paperwork in order if I wanted to get into that class, I was missing my CDL permit, which I passed the next day.

Archived