Email from my brother who visited Texas from Australia

Aussieinuk

My 47 year old brother has just returned home after his first visit to the USA. I had to laugh when I read an email he sent me describing one of his experiences. Here is some of it.

I bought a six pack in a corner store in Texas and the guy asked me for ID, so I said "look at my old face, isn't that enough, he laughed and said sorry but it's the law, so I said... A middle aged man has to show ID for some beer, but I can legally get on a motorbike with no helmet and do 75mph down the highway with a gun strapped to my hip?.. he cracked up laughing saying yeah man this place crazy man.

He had a great time in the " states " and can't wait to visit again.

My 47 year old brother has just returned home after his first visit to the USA. I had to laugh when I read an email he sent me describing one of his experiences. Here is some of it.

I bought a six pack in a corner store in Texas and the guy asked me for ID, so I said "look at my old face, isn't that enough, he laughed and said sorry but it's the law, so I said... A middle aged man has to show ID for some beer, but I can legally get on a motorbike with no helmet and do 75mph down the highway with a gun strapped to my hip?.. he cracked up laughing saying yeah man this place crazy man.

LOL! You'll see that in lot of areas of the U.S. of A, why we're unique! Oh 'Merica....

Excellent and funny!

the store I worked at, the register wouldnt let you continue further with a sale unless you scanned the 2d barcode on the back of someones license if they bought beer. I've had to explain to many a senior citizen that its not my decision and the register cant see how old you are.

the store I worked at, the register wouldnt let you continue further with a sale unless you scanned the 2d barcode on the back of someones license if they bought beer. I've had to explain to many a senior citizen that its not my decision and the register cant see how old you are.

That's the way it should be. None of this subjective "do they look like they're over 30?" nonsense.

At least they take drunk driving seriously. The people that don't wear helmets, well that's their problem if they crash headfirst into something.

Archived