Belt parkway/cross island vs belt/springfield blvd at rush.

During rush hour, heading west on Belt shouldn't be too bad unless there's an accident or something construction related.

Heading east on the Belt during rush isn't too bad from my experience.

That is morning though, evening rush is a bit opposite except the westbound as it's pretty much the same.

The belt parkway east is usually congested between JFK  Expressway and 225th Street during evening rush, after that it's usually good up to Hempstead Ave. However, they're repaving the Northbound lanes on the Cross Island Parkway, so during the evening rush it its congested because everyone is scared to drive on grooved pavement.

In the Morning Rush, the Cross Island is congested. Springfield may be quicker but the traffic lights may hold you back. Check Google maps to see how bad the Cross Island is.

I find that sometimes you may as well just cruse on the highway at 30mph than get stuck at all of the lights.  Unless there is an accident and serious congestion.

I find that sometimes you may as well just cruse on the highway at 30mph than get stuck at all of the lights.  Unless there is an accident and serious congestion.

That's what I would do, can't add to that.

But if I'm coming from the Bronx to Jamaica which is pretty often, then I'm screwed because I'm forced to take the Cross Bronx to the Grand Central Parkway In that case I'll take a gamble and get on the the Clearview from Throggs Neck instead to get to Hillside Ave. Not fun going on the Cross-Bronx Expressway. That's my problem. But I agree with all here, that's the way to go.

In the Morning Rush, the Cross Island is congested. Springfield may be quicker but the traffic lights may hold you back. Check Google maps to see how bad the Cross Island is.

Yeah, Springfield Bvld. is faster even with the intersections because of the congestion. Again, taking a gamble if driving through the Cross Island Expressway at least going south into Queens from the boogie down. Learned that the hard way.

Yeah, Springfield Bvld. is faster even with the intersections because of the congestion. Again, taking a gamble if driving through the Cross Island Expressway at least going south into Queens from the boogie down. Learned that the hard way.

Many times the Cross Island Parkway south is congested between the Throgs Neck Bridge and the LIE, so sometimes you can take the Clearview to the LIE, to the Cross Island to bypass the back up.

Archived