LIRR Assistant C/R Open for applying/testing

Will-Bx-718

LIRR is accepting resumes for Assistant Conductor from 5/1/2013 - 5/14/2013. Follow this link to apply. And good luck with the entire process.

Assistant Conductor

Long Island Rail Road

Queens

You can view and apply for this job at:

https://erecruit.mtabsc.info/psc/ERPRD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=76834&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1

i believe to get called for the selection, first your resume needs to meet or exceed their requirements. then you get called to take the first exam. if you pass the first 3 exams. you get interviwed, they do a background and credit check then you get invited for the signals and definitions overview and come back for the entrance exam. the process is really difficult and you really have to work hard for it. i applied on Nov. 2012 and was called in march. I passed the preliminary tests and will come back to take the S&D overview exam. I've been studying like i've never studied before. just keep applying and for this position customer service experience is big. good luck to everyone.

I have and meet or exceed all of the requirements to be called for the first exam. I have over 12 years customer service experience. 7 as a station agent for NYCT. It's just not that easy for them to call people. My wife has applied to LIRR for ten years and hasn't heard anything from them in that time. And she has all relevant experience. I believe they just get so many applicants they may just never see some peoples resumes ever.

I remember taking the exam for diesel mechanic in 2006...i got called for the interview 2 weeks after the exam, and totally bombed the interview. 23 yrs old and my first real professional business-like scenario, got cold feet and stuttered, prolly said some things they thought were wrong and that was that..never got called. Been kicking myself to this day for losing that opportunity...

I have and meet or exceed all of the requirements to be called for the first exam. I have over 12 years customer service experience. 7 as a station agent for NYCT. It's just not that easy for them to call people. My wife has applied to LIRR for ten years and hasn't heard anything from them in that time. And she has all relevant experience. I believe they just get so many applicants they may just never see some peoples resumes ever.

Quick question since you are a MTA employee already do you apply through the BSC website? Maybe that's the key. Also I always wondered why the RR don't hire employees from TA?

I can apply either internally through the BSC website or the LIRR website. And that would be a question I'd love an answer to myself as well. Many people have a reason why, but I won't mention it here on an open forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived