LI Bus doing this weekend's bustitution?

JohnQPine

I have heard that LI Bus will be doing the bustitution between Mineola and Jamaica and on the Hempstead branch for the mainline shutdown. I gather they will be using RVC buses for this since it will require a lot of equipment. I wonder if they'll break out the diesels?

Since they are always short equipment it was stupid to get rid of the 500s and 600s Orion V's. I loved the way those ran and sounded.

It sure will be a "fun" weekend with LIB having to cover all those buses with the usual Jones Beach service. Saturday will be tight, that's for sure!:eek:

On a weekend, yes, but this is big bustitution going on, so lots and lots are going to be used.

Don't be surprised to see MTA Buses on these bustitutions, maybe even NYCT buses out of CS.

My ex's (the one in bethpage) best friend who is a LIB driver said this is the biggest pain in their neck since the blackout.

I'm just glad it no longer affects me since i moved back home!

- Andy

I was there in Jamaica yesterday and all i can say is well done. Everything looked to be running smoothly. All the LIB i saw were CNGs. I was there for a couple of hours. Sorry no pics but to see so many LIB CNGs lined up on sutphin and archer was an amazing site.

I was there in Jamaica yesterday and all i can say is well done. Everything looked to be running smoothly. All the LIB i saw were CNGs. I was there for a couple of hours. Sorry no pics but to see so many LIB CNGs lined up on sutphin and archer was an amazing site.

Quite a few school buses were used, mainly for the shuttle to Hempstead, with a few LIBs here and there.

Archived