Why NYers and Californian's Don't Learn The Danger of Texting/Talking While Driving?

FamousNYLover

No matter how many Youtube videos showed dangerous driving of talking on cell phone or texting on cell/I-phone, people doesn't learn the danger and their risk?

Brown Family who lost Alex Brown was featured in Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and they helped organization 50 schools in each states to take pledge NOT TO TEXT N DRIVE.

Have these schools forgot about their pledge?

Remember the Alex Brown

UK Commerical

http://youtu.be/9krX9fHAfHM

Bolt Bus Driver Texting

http://youtu.be/_05WJZXlpfY

People Behaving Badly- Big Rigs and Cell Phone

AC Transit Bus Operators On Cell

Personally I find your thread to be a bit too judgmental, especially since you seem to be basing this off of isolated incidents.

However since we're on this discussion I'll play along. NY and CA in particular have a higher density of people, which in turn is why you'll find more vehicular accidents in general in those states. However this is not isolated to those states, and in addition this is not as much as an epidemic as media would like for you and others to believe.

Though this is occurring nationwide there really is no one to hold liable than those who chose to use electronics while operating a vehicle. If anything fines should be higher, as well as suspension of licenses.

It is all very simple:

-Human nature

-Society teaching people wrong

-Shortsightedness

-Passing bad values from generation to generation

-We are spirits in the material world

-No political solution to our troubled evolution

Now for your listening pleasure:

As Turbo19 put, can't only single out New Yorkers and Californians (hope I got that right.)

Anyways, people know the dangers of texting/talking on the phone and driving, even with the warnings and videos on websites and youtube.  It won't stop them.

Guilty, I have done texting and talking on the phone multiple times while driving, yes it's dangerous, but I never cause any accidents.  Thankful for bluetooth headsets and speech-to-text programs.  But that doesn't mean it's safer to do so.  I try to only do these type of things when I'm at a red or parked.

Archived