A Mybus now question ?

busdude2

I have not seen any Nova's on Mybus now. I know they are still out there but are they set up for Mybus now ? The only odd thing I saw was on the GO28 it said bus 1 all the other buses on the same route were nabi 5300's. So I guessed it may have been a Nova on it.

I have not seen any Nova's on Mybus now. I know they are still out there but are they set up for Mybus now ? The only odd thing I saw was on the GO28 it said bus 1 all the other buses on the same route were nabi 5300's. So I guessed it may have been a Nova on it.

GO25 is now infested with 6300 series NABIs. I don't recall any Novas being set up for MyBusNow.

• 2 weeks later...

Novas arent on mybus now because mybus now is powered by clever devices, and novas dont have the clever device.

Do the private line Nabi's have the clever devices on them ? I was wondering if the Jersey city IBOA's will be on  mybusnow at some point.

All NABIs have Clever Devices factory installed. They aren't programmed for the PBLs (except contractors working for NJT directly, as in Veolia and anything else branded NJT), they are only used as a sign control since the Luminator ODK is (like on all the other NABIs) not accessible to the driver.

I would imagine that it would be the PBLs responsibility to pay for the software and whatnot for the auto announcements and BusTime as they're a completely separate operation from NJT aside from leasing buses from them and accepting their farecards. If A&C or anyone else wanted to front the money to Clever for programming the system, it probably wouldn't be part of MyBusNow on the NJT site since they are again separate operations. They could also go to another vendor such as Nextbus or TransLoc for real-time tracking, if they ever wanted to get it.

Archived