Lamborghini ripped in half in Mill Basin Accident!

peacemak3r

Courtesy of Sheepshead Bites 

lamborghini-aventador-crash-in-brooklin-

Source: AutoEvolution.com

map-250x194.jpgA frustrated Mill Basin resident has started a petition to add stop signs on a residential block after the latest in a series of accidents left at least one man injured and a $400,000 Lamborghini Aventador split in two on Saturday.

The accident occurred at East 66th Street and Gaylord Drive North, when a speeding white Lamborghini and a four-door sedan collided as the sedan turned to enter a driveway. The Lamborghini veered off, hitting a utility pole, and ripping into two parts, one of which was sent barreling 30 feet away into a neighbor’s fence.

http://www.sheepsheadbites.com/2013/09/video-400k-lamborghini-ripped-in-half-in-mill-basin-accident-neighbor-demands-traffic-controls/

My friend lives in the area, there are numerous stretches of road there with no lights and people love to speed.  Don't get me wrong I've been tempted many times as well but let's be real here, it's a residential area...I know way better then that.  Then again with the stretches with lights, people tend to still speed anyway.

Some opinions of mine:

1. Before jumping into conclusion and blaming the Lamborghini driver for speeding and causing this accident.  I believe the black sedan is also at fault.  The black sedan driver clearly should have seen a car speeding down to have known not to make the turn unless the driver was distracted.
  2. Yes, though it is the Lamborghini's fault as well for clearly speeding down the street as well..but from a driver's perspective (speeding or not) it's our assumption that the other driver sees us coming and will assume the other driver will not make the turn.

Eh either way, I can't really blame either party because from the video you can't really tell of what really happened.  But I can guarantee that there will be a lawsuit impending when the drivers recover...and I do hope the drivers/passengers (if any) do recover. 

Looking at this video the motorist in the black Sudan made a mistake. I did not see the driver's left turn signal on indicating a turn before the collision.  But then again at what speed was the motorist in the Lamborghini going? 100 MPH in a 25 MPH zone? That would do it to have a car smashed completely in half into a tree let's say. There were cases where a car only at 45MPH would create such a smashup with the chassis ripped apart upon collision.

The guy in the sedan should have stopped before making the turn. Yet the other motorist was clearly speeding. I think you made a good assessment of the incident.

I honestly think the 100mph assessment is incorrect.  To my knowledge if he was truly going 100mph, the black sedan would be more damaged than what it shows in the video and pictures. 

Makes sense. I was quoting from the sister of the driver injured in the sedan who guestimated that the Lamborghini was going at 100 MPH. That statement could have been an overexageration on her part from what I read in the article since I would assume she did'nt happen to have a radar gun handy at the time of the incident to know for sure apparently. Well glad to hear at least the sedan driver is expected to recover.

The way I see it, both parties were wrong in this accident. The driver of the Lamborghini was speeding on a residential street and the driver of the black sedan didn't look both ways before turning into their driveway AND had no turn signals on.

To add to this, the friend that lives in the area told me he/she usually sped around the neighborhood at night times and usually does not see this car out in daylight.

Again I doubt it was really 100 mph as the damage would be much severe on both parties..I'd say he was going at least 60-70 judging from the video and damage done to the black sedan.

Archived