Alternitive history what if the IRT BMT and the IND remanded independant today?

Airplanepilotgod8888

What if the the city never took over the IRT,BMT and IND? In other words with if the New York city subway today is 3 diffrent private companies. Does that mean the MTA won't exist? will you need 3 different metro cards to ride the IRT BMT or IND? Will there be transfers between the 3 companies (example transfer from (3) to (A)) or will there be not. What will be the main difference if the IRT was independent? Will the second ave subway be completed faster? Will the IRT management do a (7) extension? If the IND remained independant will the IND second system happen?

Does this mean there will be competition between the 3 subway companies of the New York city subway or will the IRT BMT and the IND work together eventually merging? Will there be more new lines being bullt

without the MTA? Will the New York city subway be better off if there was 3 different independant companies?

Not really unless you were to take the Astoria Line to the Flushing line where you have the cross platform transfer at Queensboro Plaza

Remember there use to be two station at Queensboro Plaza one for the IRT and one for the BMT I think the BMT was torned down when the city took over and the second av el ended. If IRT still exist I have a feeling that the third av el will still be there but at reduced train frequancy and quieter trains.

Remember there use to be two station at Queensboro Plaza one for the IRT and one for the BMT I think the BMT was torned down when the city took over and the second av el ended. If IRT still exist I have a feeling that the third av el will still be there but at reduced train frequancy and quieter trains.

2 separate stations? Didnt know that. That shows how far back I go with the subway, heh

Archived