Transitioning from MTA Bus to TA/OA... How does it work?

KingNas

Whats up everyone...

This is something that I have wondered about.

And maybe I can pass along this info...

As far as I know, probation has to begin all over again, and apparently you have to do drug and physical again...

7 day training isn't given again because you know how to drive a bus...

But then after that, what happens?

You get assigned to a depot? I've also heard line training isn't given again, but I am not 100 on that one...

So they dump you in a depot and you just begin on your own? No knowledge of routes that they provide to you? You have to just ride the route or do your own research?

Most likely back to extra list ....

Experienced people.... Chime in!

7day training won't be done, but they'll observe you for a day or two or three.

Line training you might have to do on your own time. You get a slip from the sld and you will be paid 2hrs for each route iirc.

ProbAtion will start over. You will have to do your physical and 19a all over again.

Well I went from MTA BUS to TA, I didn't have to do the 7-10 training, the very first day of orientation I was ask what depot I would like to work out of then when I got to KB, I was giving three days to learn all the lines which I was giving a report time to hope on as much lines as I can on each day. During that process I was giving artic training then was on my own at about a week in a half. Every thing starts over from my pay, probation, new pass number, Universal pass ect. The only thing I kept was my badge and date of hire which is still the same when I got hired back in may of 2011 from MTA BUS..

• 1 month later...

Archived