Reporting Issues

Jsunflyguy

I wanted to pick the brains of transit employees. When a fault/defect/issue is observed how should I go about reporting it? I currently ride trains to the last stop so I'll grab the crew and explain what I saw such as doors closing improperly, compressor leaks, lights failing, etc. All have been met with varying degrees of dismissiveness. Is there a better way to go about this? Also what action should I take if a crew member cannot be reached?

You can use the "Contact Us" form on the MTA website - I often report AC issues during the summer in this way, and I usually get a curt "thank you we have reported the problem to car equipment". Who knows if it helps the problem actually get fixed any faster, but if you feel compelled to report issues, note the car number, route, date and time and punch it in online. 

There's a form on the website, I'd either put it under "subways/complaint/trains" or "subways/suggestion/trains". 

Air Conditioning is a complaint, because it's a quality of ride thing - but a few light bulbs out or a funky door, i'd call that a suggestion to take a look at it. 

Again, who knows if it's going to get the problem fixed faster but, eh, I'd say that's better than telling the crew, who may or may not remember to/have time to forward the information on. 

Archived