MTA Bus Drivers

doglover44

How often does MTA hire bus drivers I am thinking after I get my CDL I am moving to NYC to drive a bus.

When ever they have the filing period for it on the MTA website which is MTA.info.  They just had a filing recently in August-September for it. Also from what I heard it takes between two and five years to get a call back after you have taken the test and passed with at least a score of 70 percent.

Compared to the CDL for your permit how hard is the civil service test for TA

The test I just took was a personality profile. No questions about bus driving. If you're accepted they provide training and basically take you to the CDL test.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks for the reply. One last question- Is it true I can get the cdl permit without the passenger and air brake endorsements or do I need them beforehand? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All u need is air brakes & general knowledge. But it would make sense to take the passenger exam while to at it cu u gonna need it for mta.

you need both air brakes n passenger n general k in order to get the class b permit

You don't need passenger to get a permit. Garbage men, & truck drivers don't need a passenger endorsement to get their job.

You need the Passenger endorsement too , You'll be fine just follow the steps and good luck ...p.s. ...Thank God you won't need a B.A. degree to become 1 of us lol

Thanks. Can I take all the dmv tests at once or do I have to take them one at a time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you need to get a physical to get the cdl permit or can it wait until the MTA does their physical? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. U could wait for mta.

i

I just passed the general knowledge with air brakes and passenger endorsement and they said I need a physical before I can get my permit. I thought they gave you an A3 restriction.

iI just passed the general knowledge with air brakes and passenger endorsement and they said I need a physical before I can get my permit. I thought they gave you an A3 restriction.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it's a new rule now. It wasn't like that in 2012.

iI just passed the general knowledge with air brakes and passenger endorsement and they said I need a physical before I can get my permit. I thought they gave you an A3 restriction.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it's a new rule now. It wasn't like that in 2012.

It turns out the rule hasn't changed and the girl in the testing area was completely misinformed. I decided to go right back to the dmv and 2 hours later I got my permit with P endorsement (they said I get the air brake when I pass the road test). So just wanna point out to anyone who might experience the same thing to talk to someone at the front counters just to be safe.

Archived