Lindenwold woman killed in collision with NJ Transit bus; icy roads blamed

Turbo19

jice11z-600.jpg
Officials secure the scene of an accident in Pine Hill, N.J. on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014. One person is dead after a motor vehicle crashed into a Philadelphia-bound New Jersey Transit bus in Pine Hill.The accident happened on icy roads just after 7 a.m. Friday. New Jersey Transit spokesman John Durso Jr. says the bus operator told officials the car was approaching the bus from the other side of the road when it spun out of control and struck the front of the bus. The driver of the car was killed and a passenger was seriously injured.

PINE HILL — A 29-year-old Lindenwold woman died this morning when her vehicle spun on ice and collided with an NJ Transit bus, according to police.

This was one of many accidents that occurred across the region Friday morning as freezing rain created hazardous conditions.

The woman was driving a GMC Envoy SUV south on West Branch Road when she she apparently lost control of the vehicle and struck the bus, which was heading in the opposite direction, according to a release issued by the Camden County Prosecutor's Office and Pine Hill police.

Ice on the roadway appears to have prevented the bus from stopping in time to avoid the collision, police said.

Of the 21 people on the bus, 17 went to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries. A passenger in the SUV was treated at Cooper University Hospital, Camden.

Authorities have not identified the woman killed.

The investigation is continuing.

Read More: Source

jice11z-600.jpg

Officials secure the scene of an accident in Pine Hill, N.J. on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014. One person is dead after a motor vehicle crashed into a Philadelphia-bound New Jersey Transit bus in Pine Hill.The accident happened on icy roads just after 7 a.m. Friday. New Jersey Transit spokesman John Durso Jr. says the bus operator told officials the car was approaching the bus from the other side of the road when it spun out of control and struck the front of the bus. The driver of the car was killed and a passenger was seriously injured.

PINE HILL — A 29-year-old Lindenwold woman died this morning when her vehicle spun on ice and collided with an NJ Transit bus, according to police.

This was one of many accidents that occurred across the region Friday morning as freezing rain created hazardous conditions.

The woman was driving a GMC Envoy SUV south on West Branch Road when she she apparently lost control of the vehicle and struck the bus, which was heading in the opposite direction, according to a release issued by the Camden County Prosecutor's Office and Pine Hill police.

Ice on the roadway appears to have prevented the bus from stopping in time to avoid the collision, police said.

Of the 21 people on the bus, 17 went to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries. A passenger in the SUV was treated at Cooper University Hospital, Camden.

Authorities have not identified the woman killed.

The investigation is continuing.

Read More: Source

Wow another Nabi crashed 5343. This is getting nuts. Now about 6 badly damaged. Those remaining Nova's will be around for a while now.

Wow another Nabi crashed 5343. This is getting nuts. Now about 6 badly damaged. Those remaining Nova's will be around for a while now.

The bus itself seems to be fine, probably be back in a month or less if nothing stalls any investigation.

At any rate my thoughts go out to the victim's family.

The bus itself seems to be fine, probably be back in a month or less if nothing stalls any investigation.

At any rate my thoughts go out to the victim's family.

I feel for the family too. But I am numb about death since I have lost 4 good friends and a mother and brother in the last 18 months. R.I.P

Wow. Now that's rough

Yeah the latest was my best friend on December 8th exactly my age too so its getting me nervous at 55. So I am posting more here to keep my mind off of it. And I love buses too so its a win, win for me.

Yeah the latest was my best friend on December 8th exactly my age too so its getting me nervous at 55. So I am posting more here to keep my mind off of it. And I love buses too so its a win, win for me.

My condolences.

I hear you right there being that I've experienced loss countless times it's certainly nice to take your mind off, if for a short time at the very least.

My condolences.

I hear you right there being that I've experienced loss countless times it's certainly nice to take your mind off, if for a short time at the very least.

Thanks it is nice to talk buses it helps a lot.

Archived