MTA Unveils New Round of Subway Art Cards

Harry

post-5097-0-58199400-1391541588_thumb.jpg

Take your eyes off your phones and E-readers, subway riders. There's some eye-catching art above your heads to look at instead. Three new art cards will adorn the panels in subway cars throughout the MTA system.  The MTA's latest collection of graphic art is slated for installation throughout January 2014. The art cards are seen close-up, by millions of riders throughout the year and provide a pleasing burst of creativity into the daily commute. MTA Arts for Transit and Urban Design commissions five to six artists each year to create transit- related graphic art that appears on horizontal interior-facing panels in subway cars and vertically oriented spaces on station walls.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-58199400-1391541588_thumb.jpg

I first saw the new cards on an (R) to 179 Street. The design looks nice; it gives an artistic and creative view of the city.

I always wondered is there some place online where one can see all the art cards that have been used throughout the years? I liked some of the previous ones and wondered if I'd ever see them again.

Archived