Training Day 5

billy34

Hi guys, I finished day 4 yesterday and start driving in manhatten for day 5 on monday, I've been doing decent in training but Im having trouble scanning my mirrors every 3 seconds and always forgetting the interlock for some apparent reason, and alsaps I need to memerize, anybody have any suggestions or tips about driving in manhatten, I'm pretty nervous...thanks

Hi guys, I finished day 4 yesterday and start driving in manhatten for day 5 on monday, I've been doing decent in training but Im having trouble scanning my mirrors every 3 seconds and always forgetting the interlock for some apparent reason, and alsaps I need to memerize, anybody have any suggestions or tips about driving in manhatten, I'm pretty nervous...thanks

Your probably not forgetting the interlock your simply jist not adding enough pressure to thr brakes to engage it when you bring the bus to a full stop gotta act like you wanna break the brake mash it all the way down and hold it then turn your handle all the way to 1 o'clock you'll get the interlock every time

Like the others said take your time 15-20 mph tops most supt sweet spot for speed. I agree you should listen to supt but be careful some supt tend to lapse or miss a hazard you caught before they did and will encourage you to do something that isnt the safest option for the situation. Dont let that happen dont be afraid to stop and wait for a light or a bycyclist, pedestrian, etc to pass even if the supt says go just be sure in a clear calm voice to call the hazard n state you felt that was the safest option for the situation. But you've been with your supt for 4 days so you know if their teaching stays the same or if they sometimes contradict the safety teaching

Manhattan has lights that turn yellow on 7 not 0 be careful

Gotta get that scanning down you may get away with it monday but tuesday in midtown where bycyclist and foot traffic are a plenty they can and will mess you up.

Good luck

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your tips guys..I passsed on day 7, very nervous, but just got to take it slow....drove in the rts, it really is horrible lol, the right side mirror is really small..and you have to duck down to see anything on your right side.

Archived