Life After School Car

cosmo

I don't like being on the Board,over all the job is good. I rather do my 8 and hit the gate.

If you like time off, save your board time and late clears as OTO and use it to take some time off.

If not, say thank you for the money since you won't be getting as much once you pick a job.

Just come to work with the mentality of when you're on board, you're prepared to work 12 hours and clear somewhere else. Meet and have fun with some of your co workers while you wait on board, and the time will pass quicker. Sometimes you'll get lucky and it'll be an 8 hour day, and you'll feel like you barely worked. If you sit for a while and pick a job you're making money, but it'll only feel like you worked the job, and you'll have met the expectation you set earlier in the day. If you sit there and think "I should be clearing in 8 hours" you're going to get disappointed more often than not. It's all in your approach to it, we've all been through those XX days.

I don't like being on the Board,over all the job is good. I rather do my 8 and hit the gate.

It's very hard to get in trouble while on the board (unless you disappear). Each 8 hour board report is one less day of probation to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...

Crew office has mercy over XX and if the crew office asked you to pick up a whole job and wanted to do a partial job most of the time, they will remember next time to give you the full job to cover without being on board.

It does not make sense if they paid you 4 hours to be on standby and doing a trip to come back to sign out at the extra board location. This time is the best time to make the moolah because most people are on vacation. Strike the gold while it is hot!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been out for almost two years and said the same thing. Now that I have picked RDO relief and have a steady job sometimes you miss the extra board time but then again at my location there always open jobs.

Archived