Umm... Any Sighting?

Okay... I was on the subway in the (1) line in the Upper West Side on May 27th. I was coming home from a field trip. The Bronx train was just pulling into 110th Street-Cathedral Parkway station until suddenly, R142A (out of service) units 7805-7810 bypassed through that station on the downtown trackage. I was luckily able to get a good glimpse with my two eyes before it left. And after that, I never forgot the day I saw those 5 units. It has also left me wondering if I'll see those units ever again, or if it really is ever going to enter revenue service.

So has anyone here seen the 5 units I have described? If you have, please post something, a video, or photo. Also the question if what it will be ever used for revenue service as of an extra would be accepted as well.

I hoping to shed some light on this.

What you saw was a shop move from 207th to whatever yard that 142A belonged to. I'd its from the 4 or 6 it was going to get back to its home yard via the south ferry loop and up Lex Ave line. And yes it will be used in revenue service again.

What you saw was a shop move from 207th to whatever yard that 142A belonged to. I'd its from the 4 or 6 it was going to get back to its home yard via the south ferry loop and up Lex Ave line. And yes it will be used in revenue service again.

-- On the (4) or (6) line, not the (1) line though.

Archived