MTA board member: "Passenger experience is quite miserable"

Via Garibaldi 8

Very simply put, if the diamond X switch was located directly to the west of Jamaica Center upper level, then it could have finally handle (E) trains every 4 minutes just like World Trade Center. If any Hillside Avenue riders want 53rd Street and 8th Avenue, they can still transfer at Kew Gardens for the (E) anyway. That's why I agreed with MTA Dude that you were wrong about the occasional (E) 's being sent in and out of 179th during rush hours.

Actually both you and R32 3838 are right...

The reason those (E)'s come out of 179 St is BECAUSE they added extra (E) trains (as he stated). Since Jamaica Center can't turn the extra trains around (as both you & N6 Limited state), they come from 179 St instead.

Yes the passenger experience is quite miserable, they need to plan their track work better.

When you get on the train you just want to get to your destination in a reasonable time frame! Simple request. You have these delays, and nowadays any delay is the result of "train traffic ahead of us", yeah ok, how is that possible when I just waited 30 mins for a train?

On top of that they do track work on detoured track! You send the (F) to Queens via 53rd street, but you have track work between Between 6th ave and 36th Street?

You have all trains going local on Queens Blvd but the the (E) and (F) have to sit behind a (R) that's being cleared out at 71st Ave? Send it to 179th!

You have (E) and (F) express service sitting in Local stations being bypassed by (M) and (R) trains?

Later in the evening you have a conga line of (M) & (R) trains terminating at 71st, you'll bypass like 4-5 trains between Roosevelt & 71st Ave's

You also have trains being held at 169th street because they're not clearing trains fast enough at 179th street.

During a 6th Ave Fastrack last year you had (D) and (F) trains going up 8th ave, but also doing track work on 53rd street AND Queens Blvd, took about 90 mins to get to Jamaica!

Waiting for an (A) train to Queens and THREE (C) trains came before an (A) showed up.

really because I take the A and C sometimes yeah both of them need serious improvements in their timing but AN (A) usually shows up before a (C) train due to it being the Fulton express

More like a waste for the tower.

Nice try there, but you're making such nonsensical excuses. With all the constant GOs and flagging during weekends, the lines can get affected at times. The (R) will not be cut back, nor run more frequently, just so your ass can be happy. You know as well as I do of why they can't do any of that. This is about making things as easy to comprehend, not to wallyhorse the railroad.

Get over it.

I agree with all the extra trackwork G/Os delay in service there is no point in extending or doing anything with the R train, the R train is fine the way it is leave it alone

Archived