Any tips on getting a Conductor job with the LIRR.

NYCFan9553

I've applied to this position several times, and have never once been contacted. I've had my resume and cover letter done professionally, and have several years of customer service experience. I'm sure I'm not the only one trying to break in. It's just frustrating. I've heard of some Conductors there earning over 200K! I'm currently taking a Conductor certification course. Maybe I'll apply again when I see another posting. It's a job just to get into the training program! 

PS. Is the job itself difficult? Their Engineer program sounds quite tough. 

Apply, apply, apply is the only advice.

If you could earn $200K you would have to concidering the trade off of it being blood money. Long hours, infrequent days off, no outside life. It's the fast path to getting burnt out.

Apply, apply, apply is the only advice.

If you could earn $200K you would have to concidering the trade off of it being blood money. Long hours, infrequent days off, no outside life. It's the fast path to getting burnt out.

HOS put a end to all that Truckie.

where is the tread on tips to being contacted, i've applied for years and years for everything and have been contacted for the engineer position once and they wasted my time. my resume like others is a mile long of customer service experience/2 degree's/railroad experience/ mechanical experience,guess it's a luck of the draw

• 6 months later...

Archived