MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

That would be the first one of that group (2011) to be retired and I would blame the auto for crashing, going on fire with it spreading to the bus.  

There are other instances of that happening, however the others were not fire related. 5868 from Tuskegee, and 5928 from Kingsbridge were examples of an auto crashing in the rear of the bus, but did not caught fire.

While 5868 was repaired a few months later, 5928 has yet to come back to service.

I'm not sure if Ulmer Park has enough spares after losing one local bus. Also, the 2011 bus fleet, part of the Bus Evaluation Program, now has at least one or more buses retired due to incidents or reaching the maximum mileage.

Edited by RSMG106

Why is 2217 included in the list on the first page as retired? It's very much still in service and I've been on it a few times in the last couple of weeks. Although I saw it broken down on December 19th on the shoulder of I-95 and the stop request bell doesn't work but it is still very much still in service.

37 minutes ago, Danny92 said:

Why is 2217 included in the list on the first page as retired? It's very much still in service and I've been on it a few times in the last couple of weeks. Although I saw it broken down on December 19th on the shoulder of I-95 and the stop request bell doesn't work but it is still very much still in service.

Probably because someone mentioned it being scrapped a while ago. It also factors when people posts information, then...OOPS! My bad! So thank you, it will be corrected.

Edited by The TransitMan

15 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

There are other instances of that happening, however the others were not fire related. 5868 from Tuskegee, and 5928 from Kingsbridge were examples of an auto crashing in the rear of the bus, but did not caught fire.

While 5868 was repaired a few months later, 5928 has yet to come back to service.

I'm not sure if Ulmer Park has enough spares after losing one local bus. Also, the 2011 bus fleet, part of the Bus Evaluation Program, now has at least one or more buses retired due to incidents or reaching the maximum mileage.

The Orion VII 3rd Gen’s 2 buses was retired by the act of God. No accident or incidents. The other one was NF XD60 4799 that was caught on fire while it was out of Gun Hill. It never made it to Brooklyn. Many 2011 buses are 13 years old this year. So I do believe it’s about their time to head for the sunset. With new buses on the way, yes.