What To Wear For TO Orientation

ErikNYC

Hello all,

I was just sworn in yesterday, and on the bottom of pamphlet I was given, its states to wear brown or black boots, black pants, and grey button down on the first day, until we receive our uniform.

Does the first day mean to orientation at the union hall, or when I start school car?

Hello all,

I was just sworn in yesterday, and on the bottom of pamphlet I was given, its states to wear brown or black boots, black pants, and grey button down on the first day, until we receive our uniform.

Does the first day mean to orientation at the union hall, or when I start school car?

You report to 130 Livingston on the first day and second unless they changed things since I went down.   Its all Human resources stuff, a lot of info and more paper work to fill out.   You pick divisions on the second day.  They will give you a schedule of all the things they will be going over on the first day and where you have to go once you are done with orientation.  You don't start the real training until the second week so Just make the best of it and get to meet the people around you that day because you'll be spending a lot of time with them for the next few months.  Good luck and welcome aboard. 

Hello all,

Never assume; follow what's stated.

Thank you guys. I will take your advice.

I'm going to purchase some Nike boots, and switch to the MTA issued boots, once I receive them.

Dont waste your money, guys i was in training with spent $100+ on boots they cant even wear. Once TA issues you their boots thats all your allowed to wear. With one exception (which is a process)

Archived