Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

4 minutes ago, Harlem said:

There’s a lot of misinformation in this thread. Don’t give up hope.

There is a difference between restoring your name to the list and being on a recertified list. This confused me at first. After you restore your name to the list you have to wait for DCAS to send a recertified list to Transit. They do that when Transit requests a newly recertified list. 

Transit usually requests a newly-certified list periodically. When they next request the newly-certified list you’ll be called first. That’s a good thing because you’ll probably get to pick the division you want in school car.

Even if this list will expire soon that doesnt mean you won’t be called. It takes the better part if a year for them to establish a new list and during that time they will call people from this list. Don’t give up hope. You’ll get in.

I actually didnt know about the list difference so thanks for that

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/27/2023 at 3:52 PM, Kat77 said:

I don’t understand why bring us back on May 19, take our money again and not call us for pre-employment. They got enough from me I am good 

I agree, we took the OPA the same day. I sat all the way in the back glad I was able to hear everything well. They never got back to me, I know the gentleman and the lady both said give it three months to hear from them. Hopefully September we hear from them. 

22 hours ago, Kat77 said:

I thank you Comrade and I believe Oliver for only your information and insights. This doesn’t look hopeful. Thank you again. 

@Comrade96 helpful information for us, thank you. How can we go about restoring our names on the list just in case we do not get called? 

Thank you. :)

1 hour ago, Amir said:

@Comrade96 helpful information for us, thank you. How can we go about restoring our names on the list just in case we do not get called? 

Thank you. :)

LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov
 Give them your full name, last 4 digits of your SNN, exam number, and list number(if possible). Then explain to them whatever it is you’re emailing them for. I don’t know if it’ll work if you’re not called in time but hey give it a shot and see what happens. Good luck to you!

Edited by goliver28

23 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

Well, if you dont get called by the time the test expires, theres no list to get your name restored to. once it expires, thats basically it

This list will not expire until there is a new list. Either a promotional list or Open Competitive. The list won't expire for at least another year. Probably more. 

On 8/28/2023 at 5:43 PM, goliver28 said:

LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov
 Give them your full name, last 4 digits of your SNN, exam number, and list number(if possible). Then explain to them whatever it is you’re emailing them for. I don’t know if it’ll work if you’re not called in time but hey give it a shot and see what happens. Good luck to you!

Perfect thank you. 

8 hours ago, Harlem said:

This list will not expire until there is a new list. Either a promotional list or Open Competitive. The list won't expire for at least another year. Probably more. 

there are two promotional conductor exams that will fill in the gap between the two OC tests

On 8/27/2023 at 1:24 PM, KarNa said:

I was placed on medical hold last month , im in the process of doing the test and getting the documents, but i got an email yesterday saying they took my name from the list,🤦🏽‍♀️ does anyone know how often they put back names on the list ? 

sorry you got put on hold..just wondering how long it took to get called from pre-employment until you had to do medical? I took my drug test June 27th and haven’t been called for medical yet 

17 minutes ago, Sebby5 said:

sorry you got put on hold..just wondering how long it took to get called from pre-employment until you had to do medical? I took my drug test June 27th and haven’t been called for medical yet 

Took roughly 3 months between everything, hopefully you will be called soon

On 7/10/2023 at 6:12 PM, Amir said:

Understood. Thank you. Besides that wish everyone good luck through out the process and be strong. YouTube videos help as well.

Hi, does anyone have link(s) or channel name(s) of the videos mentioned? I am assuming this is referring to training videos or something of the sort. Are they on the MTA Youtube channel?

Thanks

7 hours ago, banjo said:

Hi, does anyone have link(s) or channel name(s) of the videos mentioned? I am assuming this is referring to training videos or something of the sort. Are they on the MTA Youtube channel?

Thanks

none of the training videos are public, everything is on the job training

On 9/6/2023 at 12:50 PM, Robert T said:

I'm on this list but when calling the DCAS number it says I'm on an outstanding certification. Dose anyone know what that means?

Never mind got in touch with live DCAS representative got the answers I needed.

Edited by Robert T

Hey all, I am scheduled for medical/drug on Friday 9/15. I do not have my HS diploma ( I lost it) . I have been calling the last 2 days but no one answers or responded to my voicemail. Will a copy be acceptable? The most my former HS will give me is transcripts. Thanks in advance! 

31 minutes ago, Zarric said:

Hey all, I am scheduled for medical/drug on Friday 9/15. I do not have my HS diploma ( I lost it) . I have been calling the last 2 days but no one answers or responded to my voicemail. Will a copy be acceptable? The most my former HS will give me is transcripts. Thanks in advance! 

If you have a copy of your high school diploma it should be fine but I’m not 100% sure. The only other way I know of is to contact the state itself for a duplicate but you wouldn’t be getting that by Friday. 

50 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

If you have a copy of your high school diploma it should be fine but I’m not 100% sure. The only other way I know of is to contact the state itself for a duplicate but you wouldn’t be getting that by Friday. 

NYSED doesn't do High school diplomas. Only HSE/GED.