R38 4012

R32 3838

Yesterday I was on R38 4012 on the (C) and I was at the RFW and I noticed the sound of the train when it was pulling out of the station, the R38 sounded like an actual Redbird, The motors and Everything exept the NYAB Equipment like the R32 and R33ML has. But whoever wants the hear the sound of an redbird then take R38 4012, But the only thing thats annoying is the HVAC unit but everything else is perfect.

Yesterday I was on R38 4012 on the (C) and I was at the RFW and I noticed the sound of the train when it was pulling out of the station, the R38 sounded like an actual Redbird, The motors and Everything exept the NYAB Equipment like the R32 and R33ML has. But whoever wants the hear the sound of an redbird then take R38 4012, But the only thing thats annoying is the HVAC unit but everything else is perfect.

Some of them have weird bearing noises & other sounds. Some are interesting but some are irritating. I doubt they'd have a motor from cars they are retiring on one that's gonna be around for a bit. Must have been an interesting ride! :D

One time i heard a (NJT) EMU that sounded like an old car in reverse gear from trenton to nyp. Needless to say i was the only one sitting in the back of that car.-_-

- A

r38s and redbirds are practically identical. The only real difference besides the hvac is that the converter and the d4 compressor is on a seperate car.. whereas the red birds had them all on one. Trucks, traction motors and control boxes are exactly the same.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. -_-

yeah they are... all GE... we replaced about 90% of westinghouse motors starting about 6 years ago. There are a few still running around though.

The actual model line of the motors GE or not is different. I believe R38 uses a revised version of the original type used on the r32. :cool:

- A

The actual model line of the motors GE or not is different. I believe R38 uses a revised version of the original type used on the r32. :cool:

- A

All the same.. and interchangeable. Identical... nothing different. Same commodity number and all. I think I should know since I change at least 8 a month for the past 4 years

Archived