comparision of two distances

DS4Ever

I was analyzing and seeing that a trip from Palm Beach Gardens and Miami Government Center is at a distance of 132 km in terms of comparison is a little more distance than New York is of Riverhead (123 km) or New Haven,CT (km 130)

To get from Palm Beach Gardens to Miami one must take the Palm Tran #1 bus (pole to pole) to BocaRaton which there a free transfer is available to a BCT #10 towards Fort Lauderdale

At the Broward Transportation Center at Ft. Lauderdale you then connect (a new fare payment is required) to the. BCT #1 towards Aventura Mall at the extremee northeast of Miami Dade county and lastly a free transfer to the M-D #3 towards Government Center. ..

ALL four routes are pole to Pole and a total farepayment is of only $4 dollars which by far might be the cheapest ride in the United States HOWEVER the s92/10c full ride is of 135 km and a total fare payment of $2.50 ($2.25 payup at the s92 then solicate transfer for the 10C for 25 cents more)

But to mention this very cheap four bus ride is a major trip since it connects the three largest cities of the South Florida Metropolitan Area.

Here's a comparison:

Palm Beach Gardens- Miami (132 km 4 buses $4.00 fare)

New York-Riverhead (123 km. 1 subway +4 buses $7.75)

New York-New Haven,CT (130 km 1 subway +4 buses $6.00)*

Asbury Park,NJ-Camden,NJ (142 km 1 bus $9.25)**

Orient Point-Montauk Dock (135 km 2 buses $2.50)

New Haven- Enfield CT (110 km 2 buses $8.65)

What you guys think the applause goes to s92/10c by a close margin. .also the NJT 317 was mentioned here as a comparison

* CT-S 11 turns to CT-S 41 at Stamford so stay on bus no additional charge

** NJT 317 charges $9.25 if riding from Asbury Park to Camden Broadway Terminal. ..if proceeding to Philadelphia then fare would be astonishing $22.50...since Broadway Terminal is a walk away from Philly centre it won't be minded to just disembark at Camden and save up to almost $13.00

For anybody needing to make that trip on a regular basis, there's a Regional Monthly Pass that is offered for $145. If you travel from Mangonia Park to Miami Airport (or transfer to MetroRail to reach Downtown Miami), it costs $3.63 per trip when amortized over 40 trips per month.

Even with a standard one-way pass, you can take the PalmTran down to the Tri-Rail, and get a $2 discount off the Tri-Rail fare (effectively making it free). Then it's $1.20 to catch the MetroRail. So on a weekday, that's $2 + $4.90 + $1.20 = $8.10. On a weekend, it's $2 + $3 + $1.20 = $6.20 and the Tri-Rail ticket is valid for the return trip as well.

For an extra few bucks, it turns an all-day affair into a commutable trip.

** NJT 317 charges $9.25 if riding from Asbury Park to Camden Broadway Terminal. ..if proceeding to Philadelphia then fare would be astonishing $22.50...since Broadway Terminal is a walk away from Philly centre it won't be minded to just disembark at Camden and save up to almost $13.00

I will never understand that about the #317.... Not the notion of the increased fare to Philly, but the rate of the increased fare....

Jesus christ, it's almost like you're being penalized to ride to/from Philly... lol....

hold on, 22.50? So it went up then.... I believe it was 20.75 to ride the full route.

News to me.

* In the Miami Metropolitan area like here in New York as well as other cities like Los Angeles, Boston Philadelphia Chicago etc the railways are always a relief by paying up which would be a premium fare but you would arrive half the time a bus would take you to your destination. ..take for example if you're heading from Manhattan all the way to Montauk your fare would be $20.50 however if you choose to take buses to Montauk (that is the (F) Train followed by the n6, n72, s40, s66, s92 and the 10C) which are seven transit rides then you'll pay $10.25 which is half you pay up in the LIRR however in the train you'll ride for 2.5-3 hours while in a bus your total timing trip is of 7.5-8 hours and just to clarify i put what would be the fastest way via SCT

* tell me about it i mean i can accept the high cost toward New York because it uses either the GW bridge or the Lincoln tunnel to access and thus these surcharges are charge with NO option for a transfer

$22.50 is a killer i mean is like going to Atlantic City not even to go to Six Flags costs this much. ..i guess the Greyhound terminal is very expensive to lease which might be the reason for the penalty cost as Philadelphia is SEPTA territory and NJT cannot stop if is not at a terminals

No dude i checked it out on njtransit.com and this fare was shown

Is a term that will never be explained hehe...even if you dismount (or board) at Camden and then connect to the Speed Line you would pay $1.40 which would add up the total trip to $10.65 still at 1/2 the fare if you take the 317 to Philadelphia

Archived