ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

14 minutes ago, NewOP718 said:

I appreciate all the info you and a few other T/O’s provided over the last year or so. (The Positive Info btw) My 1st appt was 8/24, 2nd appt (Medical) was 11/2 and final processing was 11/18. Start date is 12/26.

To all those reading this message, just have patience and forget about it. I too was bitting my nails awaiting emails. They will get to you, and the anxiety is real. Thinking back it wasn’t that bad (aside from getting skipped by random TA employees taking drug test 😆)

my question is, the NOE stated starting pay was $32 Something back in 2017. Naturally that went up twice, because even the heading rate (34.) is incorrect. They’re starting everyone at $37+ some can anyone confirm current top pay assuming it has gone up the same?!

thanks and I wish everyone the best!

Congrats and goodluck

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NewOP718 said:

I appreciate all the info you and a few other T/O’s provided over the last year or so. (The Positive Info btw) My 1st appt was 8/24, 2nd appt (Medical) was 11/2 and final processing was 11/18. Start date is 12/26.

To all those reading this message, just have patience and forget about it. I too was bitting my nails awaiting emails. They will get to you, and the anxiety is real. Thinking back it wasn’t that bad (aside from getting skipped by random TA employees taking drug test 😆)

my question is, the NOE stated starting pay was $32 Something back in 2017. Naturally that went up twice, because even the heading rate (34.) is incorrect. They’re starting everyone at $37+ some can anyone confirm current top pay assuming it has gone up the same?!

oh wow 12/26!!?? that was my induction date too! congrats! Starting pay for school car is 37.50, after school car 39 (if you work after 6 pm or before 6 am and weekends it's 40.40 $ I believe). After 230 days on the road is around 39.95$ p/h

38 minutes ago, Brivera0529 said:

Hey guys, 

Had the pre employment today  (list#62xx)and it wasn't that bad. Definitely get there a half hour earlier there cause that made a difference. went in at 6;30 was out by 11. now I will forgot about the position till they email me in 3-90 days.

The day I went it was not that bad. Though the lady said because you got out early today it doesn’t matter what time you come in the next time you will not be getting out early. I’m still going to come in early lol. 

2 hours ago, NewOP718 said:

It’s the anxiety of waiting. Doing everything they asked for, and just to wait, giving the fact that overall you waited for 4 years you just wanna just start already. That’s wassup. Some friends of mine said they were starting a class right after Christmas and another one somewhere in January. I just hope I’m in either one. I came this far. Be a shame to have e suddenly halt now.

54 minutes ago, TOSironi said:

oh wow 12/26!!?? that was my induction date too! congrats! Starting pay for school car is 37.50, after school car 39 (if you work after 6 pm or before 6 am and weekends it's 40.40 $ I believe). After 230 days on the road is around 39.95$ p/h

Awesome, so is there any night dif, or weekend pay during the 1st 6-8 months (assuming I’m b div)  in school car. From what I understand there are rotating shifts years work etc while squatting certification for passenger transport…

2 hours ago, NewOP718 said:

Awesome, so is there any night dif, or weekend pay during the 1st 6-8 months (assuming I’m b div)  in school car. From what I understand there are rotating shifts years work etc while squatting certification for passenger transport…

When you're in the yx and posting part of school car and road ops yes. I don't know about weekend. I never worked weekends in schoolcar personally. I'm in B division and my schoolcar was just 6 months long. Not sure how long is A

Edited by TOSironi

5 minutes ago, TOSironi said:

When you're in the yx and posting part of school car and road ops yes. I don't know about weekend. I never worked weekends in schoolcar personally. I'm in B division and my schoolcar was just 6 months long. Not sure how long is A

just 1 month shorter than you guys.  Assembly Line COOKIE CUTTER TRAIN OPS!!!

I’ve been here a few months now and I will say school car is the most fun. Make your mistakes in school car. You will make mistakes and you will learn from them. Listen to your TSS. Take notes. STUDY. Ask questions. Try to be great at what you do. It is not for everyone but I will say it’s great so far. You will have to adjust to getting ya body up real early to be in the bronx (A division) all bronx except new lots/Livonia or if you live in bronx and you end up in the B division Coney Island yard everywhere in Brooklyn. So prepare your body for it. Schoolcar is rough but fun. Hang tight whoever is waiting they will call you. I get told we need operators everyday so you will get a call. Relax and welcome to Transit 

14 hours ago, NewOP718 said:

Yes, there's night differential of $1.55 per hour. It applies to any time worked from 6 PM to 5:59 AM during the week, or from 6 PM Friday night until 5:59 AM Monday for weekends. So if you're called into schoolcar on a Saturday or told to stay late, you'll earn night differential. YX no longer does weekends, but when it did, we earned night differential.

Edited by Keikyu Motorman

I went in for medical on November 2 and was placed on medical hold. I have all the necessary things requested and sent an email to request appointment. It’s been days and no one has responded and I fear them removing me from the list. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a reply for the request to clear medical hold? 

29 minutes ago, Lovergalvin said:

I went in for medical on November 2 and was placed on medical hold. I have all the necessary things requested and sent an email to request appointment. It’s been days and no one has responded and I fear them removing me from the list. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a reply for the request to clear medical hold? 

When I did it they replied one day later. Try calling them. 

1 hour ago, Lovergalvin said:

I’ve been calling and no one answers the phones. I wonder if I just showed up to the office it’ll be a problem. 

This is Transit
1)  no one works in the offices usually
2)  no one really works at 180Liv.  and they do give attitude
3)  don't just show up!!  they might be angry.  you should call another line....another department and ask for that specific someone's extension.  Bada BING Bada BOOM!

14 hours ago, trackerjack said:

This is Transit
1)  no one works in the offices usually
2)  no one really works at 180Liv.  and they do give attitude
3)  don't just show up!!  they might be angry.  you should call another line....another department and ask for that specific someone's extension.  Bada BING Bada BOOM!

They finally got back to me this morning after sending emails to three separate parties. I go in Dec 14. 

On 11/30/2022 at 4:32 PM, TOSironi said:

Cool. How soon into Training do newbies leave the classroom setting? Is there alot of yard time. Also, any suggestions on shoes, bags, lunches etc.