Amid Communications Improvements, MTA Weekender Stagnates

Lance

Recently, the MTA (and I suppose Governor Cuomo as well since all good things MTA-related come from his office apparently) has been on a kick of announcing their plans to improve communications with the general public. Their latest entry is the testing of the next-train countdown clocks and displays at several stops along the Broadway line. This push to get the MTA agencies into the 21st century got me wondering why such communication efforts have not been made toward clearly illustrating how the trains are running at any given time, especially during weekends when service changes dramatically due to planned construction work.

Read more: Source

Recently, the MTA (and I suppose Governor Cuomo as well since all good things MTA-related come from his office apparently) has been on a kick of announcing their plans to improve communications with the general public. Their latest entry is the testing of the next-train countdown clocks and displays at several stops along the Broadway line. This push to get the MTA agencies into the 21st century got me wondering why such communication efforts have not been made toward clearly illustrating how the trains are running at any given time, especially during weekends when service changes dramatically due to planned construction work.

Read more: Source

I agree. A big part of the MTA's issue with image is their lack of communication and clarity.  Just giving people why work is being and what the end results (gains).Would go along way. There easy fixes updated site and socials easy to read and very visual. PR pushes via print and TV/Radio. 

Imagine if they spent that money replacing the useless giant paper maps with digital displays that change according to service diversions.

Ooooooooh. And if it could be done in trains as well, that would be convenient AF.

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

Archived