Subway Grade Timers

RR503

Hello all, 

I'm new here, and am just learning how things work, so bear with me if I violate some unspoken rule of the forum. 

I am making a GIS map of all grade timers (NOT STATION TIMERS) in the NYC subway system. Obviously, this is challenging at best, b/c the Signal Department seems to be always changing where these timers are, but if anyone knows of a list where I could find at least some of them (or if you can give me a list), I'd love to know.

TIA,

RR503 

Hello all, 

I'm new here, and am just learning how things work, so bear with me if I violate some unspoken rule of the forum. 

I am making a GIS map of all grade timers (NOT STATION TIMERS) in the NYC subway system. Obviously, this is challenging at best, b/c the Signal Department seems to be always changing where these timers are, but if anyone knows of a list where I could find at least some of them (or if you can give me a list), I'd love to know.

TIA,

RR503 

A GIS map? Wow. That's going to be a challenge.

Hello all, 

TIA,

RR503 

ArcGIS huh? Been a good while since I'd done any work on Esri software CARTO DB as made me a bit soft over the last few years I suppose haha.. I'm sure some of the guys here might have some info. Best of luck on your project.

Thanks!

Yeah this is going to be crazy hard -- before I can even do timers, I have to make a geographically accurate track map.

Right now I'm using a program like ARCGIS called QGIS, but it's free so that's nice.

Anyway, yeah, any help with timer locations, etc would be much appreciated. Right now I'm making do with my own observations and RFW footage from Fan Railer and Dj hammers, but I can only do so much this way. I can't ride every line, and GT signs are almost impossible to read from the videos when the train is underground.

I'll try to post screenshots soon and keep you guys in the loop.

Thanks again!!

Archived