Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

5 hours ago, Jordan11208 said:

After you pass medical . The doctor would give you a paper saying youre medically qulified for the position. You bring that to window 3 and from there youll start final processing to hire you

Did you start final processing? Did they take your packet? Or after medical did they tell you they will call you to finish the process?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RoyalJD said:

Did you start final processing? Did they take your packet? Or after medical did they tell you they will call you to finish the process?

Calling to finish the process. We were there late. Think I got out at 710. Was there from 245. Thanks on the heads up on getting a doctors note. Owe you one. So does this mean we pretty much got the job? 

7 minutes ago, RoyalJD said:

I passed medical so i finshed final processing that same day. I go in to start training on the 24th of april

46 minutes ago, Marv said:

Calling to finish the process. We were there late. Think I got out at 710. Was there from 245. Thanks on the heads up on getting a doctors note. Owe you one. So does this mean we pretty much got the job? 

Ya if you got a date for class you’re hired

6 minutes ago, TW1 said:

Ya if you got a date for class you’re hired

No date yet. Have to go back to get the finger printing done. Hand in the money order for that. And then hand in that last packet. But ppl were making it seem like we got it after we saw the doctor. Idk this whole process is confusing, the way they do it. 

13 hours ago, Marv said:

No date yet. Have to go back to get the finger printing done. Hand in the money order for that. And then hand in that last packet. But ppl were making it seem like we got it after we saw the doctor. Idk this whole process is confusing, the way they do it. 

If you didnt have the packet ready to hand in they turn you away and have you come back with the packet to finsh processin. For me they almost turned me away for not bringing the packet 

1 minute ago, Jordan11208 said:

If you didnt have the packet ready to hand in they turn you away and have you come back with the packet to finsh processin. For me they almost turned me away for not bringing the packet 

You didn't bring in the packet or you did? Did they ask you about past convictions? What was the step by step for final processing?

15 minutes ago, Jordan11208 said:

I had the packet ready, money order everything ready to go. But there was nobody there to finish the final processing I guess. 

13 minutes ago, RoyalJD said:

You didn't bring in the packet or you did? Did they ask you about past convictions? What was the step by step for final processing?

Had the packet ready with money order. But after we saw the doctor there was nobody around to finish final processing I guess. It was late. So after we saw the doctor just left. They said they gonna get in contact with us. Said we qualified… Which they made it seem like we got the job. But just have to wait and see I guess. 

2 minutes ago, QnsBlvd said:

Today was quick, got there at 6:30 am, and wrapped up medical by 10:00 am. I was told to wait for an email for final processing. 

Congrats. So now what is final processing? Is it fingerprints, had in that packet and they have to do the background check on you? 

31 minutes ago, Marv said:

Congrats. So now what is final processing? Is it fingerprints, had in that packet and they have to do the background check on you? 

Thanks! Yeah, I believe it's fingerprinting/ background and going over 2nd packet. A bunch of paperwork welcoming you on board.

4 minutes ago, QnsBlvd said:

Thanks! Yeah, I believe it's fingerprinting/ background and going over 2nd packet. A bunch of paperwork welcoming you on board.

Ok that’s what’s up. Thanks. Appreciate it. Good luck to you bro. 

7 hours ago, Marv said:

Had the packet ready with money order. But after we saw the doctor there was nobody around to finish final processing I guess. It was late. So after we saw the doctor just left. They said they gonna get in contact with us. Said we qualified… Which they made it seem like we got the job. But just have to wait and see I guess. 

Ya I think those guys leave at 4 or 5 so they definitely not sticking around to look out for you. When I got to final process which was 1 hour before they leave they were rushing whoever needed to do their finger printing

Edited by TW1

18 minutes ago, TW1 said:

Ya I think those guys leave at 4 or 5 so they definitely not sticking around to look out for you. When I got to final process which was 1 hour before they leave they were rushing whoever needed to do their finger printing

Do you know how often they do other classes ? 

9 minutes ago, Bkcoolguy71890 said:

Do you know how often they do other classes ? 

When the track list wasn’t filled up like this it was once a month but right now there’s a little over 2400 track worker based on seniority but it’s less tho because people took promotions and also some retired

42 minutes ago, TW1 said:

When the track list wasn’t filled up like this it was once a month but right now there’s a little over 2400 track worker based on seniority but it’s less tho because people took promotions and also some retired

Yeah I went march 14th for preemployment didn’t hear nothing back yet, you have an idea when I may get called for medical ? 

18 hours ago, TW1 said:

So does this pretty much mean that you have the job?