Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jordan11208 said:

Social security office should help you with employment history. As for disposition papers you should get them just in case. The last thing you want is to be put on hold for months 

I’m going to go to social security tomorrow around 1-2pm. See what I can do. The dispositions I’m just gonna wait and see if they ask for anything. Worst case I’ll just have to go down to the courts and get when they need it. Unfortunately I won’t have enough time to make it there before Wednesday as they just emailed me on Friday. So was a short notice. But thanks for the help. 

9 hours ago, Trackguy718 said:

Anybody know what shift would more likely be available after ojt?

Most likely 10 PM - 6 AM or 11 PM - 7 AM. Our class had capital and maintenance days available as well and that was 8 AM - 4 PM. 

1 minute ago, Zoey said:

Most likely 10 PM - 6 AM or 11 PM - 7 AM. Our class had capital and maintenance days available as well and that was 8 AM - 4 PM. 

@Zoey so i got an appointment Wednesday at 8am. Was just saying on here that im gonna shoot down to social security to see if I can get my employment history. As far as my criminal dispositions im just gonna wait on that and see if they ask for anything. Do you know how long it takes to hear back? Or is everyone different? And what is the difference between capital and maintenance? 

54 minutes ago, Marv said:

@Zoey so i got an appointment Wednesday at 8am. Was just saying on here that im gonna shoot down to social security to see if I can get my employment history. As far as my criminal dispositions im just gonna wait on that and see if they ask for anything. Do you know how long it takes to hear back? Or is everyone different? And what is the difference between capital and maintenance? 

I went down to social security last week and they told me it's $100 but it takes a few weeks to get back. Not sure if anyone knows or experienced anything differently but that's what i was able to gather.

3 minutes ago, RoyalJD said:

I went down to social security last week and they told me it's $100 but it takes a few weeks to get back. Not sure if anyone knows or experienced anything differently but that's what i was able to gather.

I’m gonna go tomorrow and do the same. But at least I’ll have something they can go off of in the meantime while I wait for the stuff from them. Did you go to Livingston yet?

15 minutes ago, Marv said:

I’m gonna go tomorrow and do the same. But at least I’ll have something they can go off of in the meantime while I wait for the stuff from them. Did you go to Livingston yet?

I went Livingston for pre employment and drug test. The time frame I was given to obtain work history and reporting for pre employment was very short notice. I only hoped I knew of this a lot sooner to be more prepared.

7 minutes ago, RoyalJD said:

I went Livingston for pre employment and drug test. The time frame I was given to obtain work history and reporting for pre employment was very short notice. I only hoped I knew of this a lot sooner to be more prepared.

Yes me too. I was notified on Friday. Did they say anything to you at Livingston about it? 

14 minutes ago, Marv said:

Yes me too. I was notified on Friday. Did they say anything to you at Livingston about it? 

I filled it out to the best I can. They asked all the way to high school. That's pretty deep. As I said before...I only hope I knew of social security a bit sooner to obtain the necessary documents.

4 minutes ago, RoyalJD said:

I filled it out to the best I can. They asked all the way to high school. That's pretty deep. As I said before...I only hope I knew of social security a bit sooner to obtain the necessary documents.

Yea I’m gonna do the same thing and hope they let me send them what they need when I receive the paperwork. 

3 hours ago, Marv said:

@Zoey Do you know how long it takes to hear back? Or is everyone different? And what is the difference between capital and maintenance? 

It took me about 60 days from pre-employment to medical. Then when I qualified for medical, I was asked to come back the next day which made me miss that class so I waited a month to start training.

Capital reports directly to the job site. You do not report to the picked location. You get travel time pay and overtime is built in. Most of the time you work under general orders which are out of service tracks. 

Maintenance reports directly to the picked location and then you report to the job site. I got maintenance nights out of school and I would say it’s a good place to learn. Though overtime is scarce in some spots. If there are overtime sheets, you bid with seniority. 

7 hours ago, Zoey said:

It took me about 60 days from pre-employment to medical. Then when I qualified for medical, I was asked to come back the next day which made me miss that class so I waited a month to start training.

Capital reports directly to the job site. You do not report to the picked location. You get travel time pay and overtime is built in. Most of the time you work under general orders which are out of service tracks. 

Maintenance reports directly to the picked location and then you report to the job site. I got maintenance nights out of school and I would say it’s a good place to learn. Though overtime is scarce in some spots. If there are overtime sheets, you bid with seniority. 

Ok thanks. So I don’t have every job and unemployment. So I’m going to social security today to see what I can gather. They just notified me Thursday or Friday. But should I let them know that I went to get the employment history? 

49 minutes ago, Marv said:

Ok thanks. So I don’t have every job and unemployment. So I’m going to social security today to see what I can gather. They just notified me Thursday or Friday. But should I let them know that I went to get the employment history? 

Bro the job history thing is really not that serious unless you had like 50 jobs or something. Only thing they will fire you for is if you lie about parking tickets, an open case, probation, or anything criminal history wise. That they will not tolerate but a simple mistake on job history ? you’re fine

8 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Bro the job history thing is really not that serious unless you had like 50 jobs or something. Only thing they will fire you for is if you lie about parking tickets, an open case, probation, or anything criminal history wise. That they will not tolerate but a simple mistake on job history ? you’re fine

Oh for real. Oh ok. I just saw some people on here saying that they needed every job and they made it seem like it was critical. Thanks bro. Appreciate that. Saved me 100$. Appreciate it bro. 

5 minutes ago, Marv said:

Oh for real. Oh ok. I just saw some people on here saying that they needed every job and they made it seem like it was critical. Thanks bro. Appreciate that. Saved me 100$. Appreciate it bro. 

16 minutes ago, justaguy said:

I was on unemployment like once or twice and I got furloughed during Covid. If i don’t remember those dates, is that critical? 

8 minutes ago, Marv said:

I was on unemployment like once or twice and I got furloughed during Covid. If i don’t remember those dates, is that critical? 

if you have time try to get the dates for unemployment because i think that they can find out about or at least try to figure out the month and year and put it on the paperwork 

15 minutes ago, justaguy said:

if you have time try to get the dates for unemployment because i think that they can find out about or at least try to figure out the month and year and put it on the paperwork 

Ok thanks. Appreciate it bro

8 hours ago, justaguy said:

I went to social security got my employment history. Man I didn’t realize how wreckless I was and how many jobs I went through. Lol!!! So question for you… Should I put these jobs down even tho I didn’t stay there for long periods of times? I called the Department of Labor and they said they could only get me for 5yrs back on unemployment which was only one time in 2020 when I got furloughed for Covid.

Edited by Marv

1 hour ago, Marv said:

I went to social security got my employment history. Man I didn’t realize how wreckless I was and how many jobs I went through. Lol!!! So question for you… Should I put these jobs down even tho I didn’t stay there for long periods of times? I called the Department of Labor and they said they could only get me for 5yrs back on unemployment which was only one time in 2020 when I got furloughed for Covid.

You went and got your employment history in 1 day? 

20 minutes ago, RoyalJD said:

You went and got your employment history in 1 day? 

Yea. Didn’t realize how many jobs I had lol!!! I don’t even remember half of them. I’m just gonna put ones where I was at least 1yr on the application. Hope they call me back for the 2nd half of the process. Lol

3 hours ago, Marv said:

it’s up to you bro just know if you putting down every one you’re going to have to explain why you left the job after two months lmao