Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

On 2/14/2023 at 9:36 AM, kingkratos94 said:

I got the call to report to livington street at the end of the month, but never got the email for the pre employment application, can someone please share the link to the application pdf.

thanks in advance.

You go in for medical yet ?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/15/2023 at 7:42 PM, Bronxster said:

Dude I follow your advice and couldn’t even eat my snacks since no one was eating in the waiting area to give your application and once in the lab eating area no eating is allow. What a day man I end up leaving around 2:30 pm 🤦🏽😡

I got there at 6:15am and didn't finish until 4:10pm. People were able to eat snacks and they let us go out for lunch at 12 till 1 but yeah, once in the lab they ask that you don't eat. I still sipped on water cause I needed it for the test.

So for this position, do they literally need every job you’ve had and are they gonna ask for dispositions from previous court cases and everything from your criminal background? They want me to go Wednesday at 8am. But I don’t really have time to be running back and forth to court to do all this stuff. So just wanted to know how in depth this goes. Thanks.

I hear you pick your shift in a seniority manner. The people in your class will be the people you will bidding against. Your seniority number is your number on the list you placed on the exam. I hear most people try to stay away from night shift, so that spot is usually open. 

Can someone tell me exactly where to go to get a complete/full history of there employment history? Have an appointment Wednesday and they want unemployment and everything. So I don’t remember any of that. So don’t wanna hold up the process any longer. Just wanna be able to go there once and have everything from the beginning. And should you get disposition papers from courts from previous arrests? They were a long time ago but idk if they are looking for that also? Thanks

Edited by Marv

On 3/24/2023 at 8:07 PM, Jordan11208 said:

Got the email to go to medical/final processing on 04/03

2 hours ago, Marv said:

Can someone tell me exactly where to go to get a complete/full history of there employment history? Have an appointment Wednesday and they want unemployment and everything. So I don’t remember any of that. So don’t wanna hold up the process any longer. Just wanna be able to go there once and have everything from the beginning. And should you get disposition papers from courts from previous arrests? They were a long time ago but idk if they are looking for that also? Thanks

Social security office should help you with employment history. As for disposition papers you should get them just in case. The last thing you want is to be put on hold for months 

1 minute ago, Jordan11208 said:

Social security office should help you with employment history. As for disposition papers you should get them just in case. The last thing you want is to be put on hold for months 

Ok thanks. 

8 minutes ago, Jordan11208 said:

Do you know if social security has a fee for this or is it free and do I have to go there or can I do it online?