NYCT Museum train move?

Y2Julio

While on a Queens bound A train going pass Hoyt-Schermerhorn, I noticed some nice vintage trains on the Queens bound track leading out from the NYCT Museum. Are they adding some trains to the museum? The train passed by quickly so I wasn't able to easily identify all the cars on the train set.

While on a Queens bound A train going pass Hoyt-Schermerhorn, I noticed some nice vintage trains on the Queens bound track leading out from the NYCT Museum. Are they adding some trains to the museum? The train passed by quickly so I wasn't able to easily identify all the cars on the train set.

What kind of cars did you see? The Lo-V's were in the museum last week as placeholders while the SMEEs were taken out (the week before)...maybe those were the ones you saw?

You may have seen them moving the fleet around. Does anybody know what current cars are at the museum right now?

I don't know at the moment, I'm in tomorrow so I can check then but I would imagine pretty similar to the usual.

LAST SUNDAY, it was:

A1: R4, R1, R7A, Triplex, Standard, R11, R16, R30

A2: 4 Lo-V's (the ones that ran to Yankee Stadium), Money cars (R21/R22), 3 BU gate cars, Q type, Lo-V, SBK steeplecab, work loco

but I will check tomorrow to see if anything's changed, my guess is this had to do with the ToMC cars going back in

what the TA does is move them back an forth so they can display other cars, im still waiting for the 32s

what the mta should do, is close the museum and extend it that way they dont need to keep moving all the time

OK the move was pretty simple, the ToMC cars were brought back in on A2 to replace the 4 Lo-V cars (the Lo-V trailer towards the back of A2 is still there obviously). So that's the R33WF single (bluebird), R12, R15, and R17...of those all are open to the public except the R17 which is parked behind the platform railing.

As for whoever asked about the slants, two are set aside (4192-93), they were last on display around Christmas. To the person asking about the R32's, also two set aside (3352-53) those were last on display over the summer. Your best bet to see any new B Div equipment at the Transit Museum is when the Arnines are out for either a nostalgia train or holiday service.

OK the move was pretty simple, the ToMC cars were brought back in on A2 to replace the 4 Lo-V cars (the Lo-V trailer towards the back of A2 is still there obviously). So that's the R33WF single (bluebird), R12, R15, and R17...of those all are open to the public except the R17 which is parked behind the platform railing.

As for whoever asked about the slants, two are set aside (4192-93), they were last on display around Christmas. To the person asking about the R32's, also two set aside (3352-53) those were last on display over the summer. Your best bet to see any new B Div equipment at the Transit Museum is when the Arnines are out for either a nostalgia train or holiday service.

Thx!

wa do u mean A1 or A2 wats that?

Archived