Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
ace1228

Failed Pre-Employment Drug Test

Roland Bishop..are you applying for NYC conductor or LIRR?  My son was offered a position on the LIRR as a car maintenance/Oiler.. not sure of the exact title and he also failed the drug test for marijuana.  He had not smoked in 2 months and took 3 tests before the drug test and all 3 were clean but they said he came up dirty for marijuana.  You explained that you were able to do some kind of program on line and would be put back on the list, my son has not been told anything about that and HR is not returning his calls.  It’s so frustrating and I’m so upset over this and not sure where to get this information or who to call.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Transit electrical helper and you get a letter saying you failed first telling you to call the Medical review officer, then you speak with them then after that you get the most to see a SAP professional to get cleared basically

17 minutes ago, RolandBishop said:

Heard anything back yet ?

No, nothing yet bro I’m still waiting. What about you ??

1 hour ago, Nycstar said:

Any updates?

Yeah, I got a letter in the mail basically stating that my case was reviewed and they decided I’m not eligible for the job. A bunch of time & money Wasted for no reason SMH

The whole marijuana testing is so unfair.  They use higher guidelines than most companies so many people are going to fail even after not smoking for months.  My son stopped for almost 3 months before he went did the drug test and he still failed.  He passed 3 store drug tests but because their guidelines are so high he still failed.  We all know that other drugs only stay in your system 3-5 days, so many people work around it but with marijuana it stays in your system for so long.  So someone who is doing cocaine or heroin can pass the drug test probably after being 5-7 days clean depending on how much and how long they were doing it.  Smh 

Damn I feel sorry for y’all. Yall should of deferred by not showing up then put your name back on the list after your clean. Keep your head up tho...marijuana about to be legal in ny.

Clean for 3 months and still failed. Smh Wow

Is it the same for others or did you consume marijuana close to the test date? Lastly how long did it take to recieve a letter after the test?

Still waiting on my results 

Why were u guys ineligible after u completed sap I been waiting 5 years for test 7300 of course I smoked and I'm here rn 180 living as I'm typing this and I'm shook fail and then take a program was the doctor for the app shady in anyway and could have possibly denied u what's the deal I'm about to just walk out

My son was offered a job by the LIRR.  He smokes but the day he found out about the job he stopped, he too his drug test more than two months after he smoked.  Before he went for the drug test, we bought 3 test from the pharmacy and all were negative.  I’m old school and had always heard that weed is out of your system in 30 days, so I thought for sure he was clean and he came up clean on all three tests that we bought.  Well, I researched every where after he failed and the 30 day thing is not true.  It depends on how much you smoked, how often and how much body fat you have.  I also read that there is a federal guideline of 50 nanograms but some employers use a higher level.  The ones that we bought were 50 nanograms, so obviously the LIRR uses a higher level.  It’s so frustrating because we all pretty much know that if you do any other drug, it’s usually out of your system by 3-5 days.