NJT bus 175 fare zones

Hi;

I often take the 175 bus from Teaneck road & Grayson place in Teaneck, to the GWB bus terminal.
Until a few weeks ago, I was always charged the 3 zone fare ($4.50), but recently, on two occasions, I was charged only the 2-zone fare ($3.50) from the same stop.
When I questioned the driver, I was told that the zone changes at route 4 & Teaneck road. So, what the driver is telling me is that he can charge either the 3-zone or the 2-zone fare from Grayson place, even though it is 2 blocks (but 0 bus stops) from the change of zones.
The next stop is Route 4 & Phelps road, which is 0.43 miles (as the bus travels) from Grayson Place.

So, to avoid any confusion, perhaps the next issue of the #175 bus schedule should indicate the zone change either at Teaneck road & Grayson place, or at Route 4 & Phelps road.

Either way, I always have the 3-zone fare on hand when I board the bus.

Ultrarunner

On 5/24/2019 at 10:38 PM, ultrarunner2020 said:

Hi;

I often take the 175 bus from Teaneck road & Grayson place in Teaneck, to the GWB bus terminal.
Until a few weeks ago, I was always charged the 3 zone fare ($4.50), but recently, on two occasions, I was charged only the 2-zone fare ($3.50) from the same stop.
  When I questioned the driver, I was told that the zone changes at route 4 & Teaneck road. So, what the driver is telling me is that he can charge either the 3-zone or the 2-zone fare from Grayson place, even though it is 2 blocks (but 0 bus stops) from the change of zones.
 The next stop is Route 4 & Phelps road, which is 0.43 miles (as the bus travels) from Grayson Place.

So, to avoid any confusion, perhaps the next issue of the #175 bus schedule should indicate the zone change either at Teaneck road & Grayson place, or at Route 4 & Phelps road.

Either way, I always have the 3-zone fare on hand when I board the bus.

Ultrarunner

According to NJT Trip Planner, it's 3-zone fare of $4.50.

If you standing at the zone change it’s 3.50, if your after the zone change it’s 3.50, if your before the zone change it’s 4.50. If your close to the zone change but after it some drivers forget to change the zone. 

Edited by 553 Bridgeton