Trackbook cover photo contest reminder (and a call for any changes)

Peter Dougherty

Hey folks,

Just a reminder that the photo contest for the 2022 edition of Tracks of the NYC Subway closes on Oct. 15th, 2021. There have been numerous winning entries from members of this forum, so if you're hoping your image will grace the cover next year now's the time to submit it. Email your entries to nyhttp://nyctrackbook@gmail.com and put the words PHOTO CONTEST in the subject line. As always, the finalists will be posted here in this forum and to facebook (facebook.com/nyctrackbook) starting on 10/15. Winners will be announced a few days later.

While I have you here, I'm also looking for any new information, G.O.s or other info to keep the book up to date. I've got a few things in already but I'm sure there's still a lot more to go. I'm hoping to go to press at the end of October, with books going out in early-to-mid November.

As always, thanks to everybody for your photo submissions and your assistance. 

• 2 months later...

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

@Peter Dougherty so who won?

Anthony Maimone won for a great photo at Kings Highway on the Brighton Line, and Daniel Smith won the back cover with a winter night shot on the Jerome Ave. Line. I moved everything over to the Facebook group when I didn't see any replies to this thread in the fall.

Edited by Peter Dougherty

I've gotta admit I don't have a lot of use for Facebook myself, outside of the book's official page that is. But when I posted notice about the contest on this site, and didn't receive a single reply for ten days, I figured interest just wasn't there so I moved everything over to my FB page. But you're right, and next year I will post in both places.