MNR coach cleaner interviews

HardWorkin

Did you apply for the ticket seller or you already took the exam? 
I recently applied for ticket seller , background check is complete as far as I’m concerned, it took a while for me to provide some of the documents, their background check is no joke , I needed a lot of job verification documents , which I had to wait for an appointment at the SSA office , hope that doesn’t effect the process. 

4 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

Did you apply for the ticket seller or you already took the exam? 
I recently applied for ticket seller , background check is complete as far as I’m concerned, it took a while for me to provide some of the documents, their background check is no joke , I needed a lot of job verification documents , which I had to wait for an appointment at the SSA office , hope that doesn’t effect the process. 

They already sent you an email for background check for ticket seller? I didn’t get anything yet and haven’t taken the exam either. 

On 2/8/2022 at 8:18 AM, mastap123 said:

Make sure to check your spam and junk email frequently

I haven’t heard back yet for the coach cleaner position. But I did get a call from LIRR for the Ticket Clerk position. I took the Math test in December and l'm scheduled for a interview next week.

On 2/10/2022 at 9:32 PM, Shante99 said:

I haven’t heard back yet for the coach cleaner position. But I did get a call from LIRR for the Ticket Clerk position. I took the Math test in December and l'm scheduled for a interview next week.

Congrats! 
I applied for that one as well . Didn’t get called for that unfortunately . 
Was the exam difficult ?! 
I also applied for Ticket seller for metro-north hopefully I hear back from them . I really wanted more of a customer service position, but if I have to start at coach cleaner to get in, I will. 
Good luck on the interview, report back to let us know how it goes. 

3 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

Congrats! 
I applied for that one as well . Didn’t get called for that unfortunately . 
Was the exam difficult ?! 
I also applied for Ticket seller for metro-north hopefully I hear back from them . I really wanted more of a customer service position, but if I have to start at coach cleaner to get in, I will. 
Good luck on the interview, report back to let us know how it goes. 

If I get called for Assistant Conductor first, I’m going to take the exam for that one instead. I see that as a better position than the ticket booth agent. Both positions are for MNR.

On 2/10/2022 at 9:32 PM, Shante99 said:

Can you tell us how long did it take you to get email or phone call after you submitted your application?

Edited by 2ride

On 2/12/2022 at 3:07 PM, 2ride said:

If I get called for Assistant Conductor first, I’m going to take the exam for that one instead. I see that as a better position than the ticket booth agent. Both positions are for MNR.

Can you tell us how long did it take you to get email or phone call after you submitted your application?

Edited by HardWorkin

20 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

I also applied for that as well, didn’t hear from them as yet .

I just want my foot in the door .

Has your application for either the ticket seller or assistant conductor position updated the screening results yet? I haven’t gotten any pre screening updates yet either. 

30 minutes ago, 2ride said:

Has your application for either the ticket seller or assistant conductor position updated the screening results yet? I haven’t gotten any pre screening updates yet either. 

Nope , both applications just say “ applied” , but my coach cleaner application also said applied, and they invited me for the exam; so idk how reliable looking at screening results are. Also, I have a ton of applications that say passed pre screening and I’ve never heard back from them. 

2 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

Nope , both applications just say “ applied” , but my coach cleaner application also said applied, and they invited me for the exam; so idk how reliable looking at screening results are. Also, I have a ton of applications that say passed pre screening and I’ve never heard back from them. 

Sometimes I wonder how hard is it to really get a job at MTA because it seems like they hire people who wear ghettoish and don’t seem ready for the real world, I mean not coming in with proper business attire especially during orientation and exams. Anyways, I did the best I could with both applications and I’m still having a breakdown of possibly not getting selected at all. :(

Edited by 2ride

On 2/14/2022 at 6:57 PM, HardWorkin said:

My application for ticket seller just got moved to another position I didn’t apply for. Did they do the same with yours? Can you check your application portal?

21 hours ago, 2ride said:

My application for ticket seller just got moved to another position I didn’t apply for. Did they do the same with yours? Can you check your application portal?

Yea, I just looked smh ,mines changed also to “Customer Service Stat Ambassador” , and it’s based in Westchester, which is kinda far for me anyway.. either way I’m going to wait and see what happens . This is the second job I applied for and realized the position title changed from what it was previously. 

Edited by HardWorkin

On 2/14/2022 at 9:21 PM, 2ride said:

Sometimes I wonder how hard is it to really get a job at MTA because it seems like they hire people who wear ghettoish and don’t seem ready for the real world, I mean not coming in with proper business attire especially during orientation and exams. Anyways, I did the best I could with both applications and I’m still having a breakdown of possibly not getting selected at all. :(

I think this all the time on my daily commute , the people I see working for the MTA , like what am I doing wrong . I know how you feel though, I’m desperately in need for a career change and was hoping to get in the MTA , I never imagined it would be this hard..Don’t get discourage we’re in this together, just keep applying. We will eventually hear back from something. 

21 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

Yea, I just looked smh ,mines changed also to “Customer Service Stat Ambassador” , and it’s based in Westchester, which is kinda far for me anyway.. either way I’m going to wait and see what happens . This is the second job I applied for and realized the position title changed from what it was previously. 

Could happen if u got the job anyway, your job isn't permanent if you were hired as a ticket seller and then got bumped and there aren't any ticket seller positions you take what's available just letting you know.

3 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Could happen if u got the job anyway, your job isn't permanent if you were hired as a ticket seller and then got bumped and there aren't any ticket seller positions you take what's available just letting you know.

Where is your source to prove that they bump applicants they like to hire? 

Edited by 2ride

11 minutes ago, Thinklikeamango said:

I work for metro north and I'm in the same union as all the customer service jobs.

I got mine bumped to ambassador as well. So how long do you think we’ll have to wait now to get invited for an exam? Some of us are unemployed and can’t wait to work for MTA. Also, can you compare the assistant conductor job to customer ambassador? Which one is better?

Edited by 2ride

On 2/16/2022 at 4:59 PM, HardWorkin said:

I think this all the time on my daily commute , the people I see working for the MTA , like what am I doing wrong . I know how you feel though, I’m desperately in need for a career change and was hoping to get in the MTA , I never imagined it would be this hard..Don’t get discourage we’re in this together, just keep applying. We will eventually hear back from something. 

My position just got switched back to ticket seller again. Did they do it to yours also?