Assistant Conductor MTA Exam Math Portion

jason95491

Hello,

I took the MTA Assistant Conductor test last year and the math portion I wasn't prepared for. I haven't done math in years. I did not pass the test but was prepared for everything else. I've been called back for the MTa (Metro North not LIRR) exam once again. Does anyone know what I should prep for this exam in regards to math? I know last year they had questions on tickets, mom, dad, kids, peak and off peak etc. 

6 hours ago, jason95491 said:

Anything specific? Any guides out there for specific questions I could study?

Not really. Like 2ride said, just brush up on addition, multiplication and subtraction. You don't really need division tbh. I think Metro-North's exam is slightly harder because they test your addition with any digit of numbers 0-9) and with the LIRR it's 0's and 5's. 

43 minutes ago, jason95491 said:

Yes, I've now been called twice for the test. Last year and now. They give you a study packet but the packet is just for definitons which I still remember. Metro North is a great job so it would be great to be employed with them.

The thing that is more messed up and ridiculous is getting in as their cleaner is also hard.

Edited by 2ride