TA B/O Training - Tardiness on Day Zero

Kira

Hello, 

I arrived late for my orientation training and was turned away with a resignation letter. I was told I have to wait to get into the next training class but It's not guaranteed. Has anyone experienced this?  

17 hours ago, Kira said:

Hello, 

I arrived late for my orientation training and was turned away with a resignation letter. I was told I have to wait to get into the next training class but It's not guaranteed. Has anyone experienced this?  

That’s a bad example showing up to work on the first day. They have a zero tolerance of tardiness. Chances are, depending on hiring needs, you may be able to attend the next class. That’ll be up to the school room Chief and HR at zerega. 

just cross your fingers, and hope for the best. But I’m sure they’ll call you back.

Just now, Kira said:

Thank you! Yes, fingers are crossed. I was having car issues and took an Uber and got there late. Late is late and I've taken responsibility. Praying for the best. 

Understandable. Even myself, when I have a student for line training, I expect for them to be there early, before me is a plus. We have so much to cover, and late is a no no.

I'm always punctual for everything and really couldn't believe I was having car issues on the most important day of my life. But, I am holding on to the hope that I will get into the next class on April 23rd. 

I forgot to mention the trainer handed me a resignation letter to sign. I asked why do I need to sign a resignation letter I'm not resigning. I didn't want to be combative so I signed it and he told me to go back to Brooklyn and speak to someone about getting into the next class.  I've been calling and emailing the MTA and not getting any answers. 

1 hour ago, Kira said:

I forgot to mention the trainer handed me a resignation letter to sign. I asked why do I need to sign a resignation letter I'm not resigning. I didn't want to be combative so I signed it and he told me to go back to Brooklyn and speak to someone about getting into the next class.  I've been calling and emailing the MTA and not getting any answers. 

You could sign the resignation or they could terminate you and then it’s a 5 year wait. 

• +Young+ changed the title to TA B/O Training - Tardiness on Day Zero
6 hours ago, Kira said:

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, have you considered complaining about this in one capacity or another? Let me know. Although you may not have "Private Messaging" (PM) enabled yet, I'm sure we can work something out.

Thank you!

I’ve been trying to reach someone regarding this. I’ve reached out to TWU Local 100 and explained the situation and was told I will get a call back. I haven’t heard anything yet. My exam number is 2611. I took the exam time last year and I’ve been waiting for my list number to come and now this. 

5 hours ago, Kira said:

Thank you!

I’ve been trying to reach someone regarding this. I’ve reached out to TWU Local 100 and explained the situation and was told I will get a call back. I haven’t heard anything yet. My exam number is 2611. I took the exam time last year and I’ve been waiting for my list number to come and now this. 

Nothing TWU can do or will do. Your best chance is to plead with Zerega or Livingston. 

On 4/12/2023 at 12:52 AM, Kira said:

Thank you!

Since you're a new member, you probably and most likely do not have access  to Private Messaging yet. Therefore, although it seems that you've been screwed by Zerega and Livingston Street, who's not interested in hearing your plea whatsoever, if you wish to complain about this, send me an e-mail (nyctransitforums@myyahoo.com). I'll try to help you out via e-mail to the fullest extent possible.

Thanks.