NYCT Dispatcher Exam #3709 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

Jebbu

On 9/24/2023 at 12:27 PM, brotherU said:

The final answer keys are available for exam 3709.   After the protest, 3 questions have more than 1 correct answer now. 

where do you see that? last i contacted them for it they told me the final key is not aval until the test is graded 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 3:07 PM, wolverine said:

Does anyone have an UPDATED?????

Some time in November possibly. I think the old list might get dragged out though. We’ll see. With the new year coming up a lot of guys will be retiring, so maybe the old list will fill those slots and they will start fresh with 3709. 

On 10/13/2023 at 10:54 PM, bkborn said:

Some time in November possibly. I think the old list might get dragged out though. We’ll see. With the new year coming up a lot of guys will be retiring, so maybe the old list will fill those slots and they will start fresh with 3709. 

thanks bkbrorn.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 3:07 PM, wolverine said:

Does anyone have an UPDATED?????

As of now there is no new information pertaining to 3709. The only thing we have to go on is that OA had thier results and list numbers sent out 7 months from exam date. 

Going by that time frame for 3709 to get results etc would have been by end of November. How ever I dont know how many B.O. took the TA exam vs OA exam which could cause delays. 

At this point in time all we have is speculations and no clear information. Patience is the name of the game as is the norm with any civil service exam. Take solace in the fact it was not cancelled and the list will be published and scores sent out sooner than later. 

• 2 weeks later...

So there was a make up test on October 17th... how can they do such a thing after the answer keys were already given? this is absolutely unacceptable! I for one will be writing a scathing email to the exams unit for this. 

unfair edge to those who took the exam 6 months after everyone else. they pretty much knew the entire exam in and out. complete robbery of our money. 

I dont think it give the people in the make up test an edge bec they will switch up the qieations if its the same test soe # 1 Q will be Q #10 on their test bec even though every one had the same test each room had different test # on top of their paper 

2 hours ago, Ryan B said:

I dont think it give the people in the make up test an edge bec they will switch up the qieations if its the same test soe # 1 Q will be Q #10 on their test bec even though every one had the same test each room had different test # on top of their paper 

Yes they re arrange the questions. but 7 months is alot of time for people to memorize the questions and answers they needed help with. as is they already knew which 3 questions were thrown out in protest. that alone gives them 3 more questions than everyone else

it's truly unfair to all who took the test 7 months ago.

wow i didnt even hear about that, yes completely unfair, i think anyone could of got a religious exemption of some sort to do a make up test and study and gain a advantage for sure, but on the other side does anyone know how many people were able to take this makeup test? it has to be a super small number i hope.

Step one after becoming dispatch is to find a way to remove these people that run the test unit :rock:

Edited by trife86

I guess this is the reason for the delay in list being established and scores being sent out. no idea how many took it but I can't imagine it being more than a handful at best. we will never know tbh as this is information ta will not disclose. 

Best of luck to us all and hopefully we can make sld one day.

On 11/30/2023 at 10:03 AM, Ryan B said:

I think it will be a scrable of questions of the 4 sessions they had over the weekend on the first test & they may leave out those questions from the protest session 

the four sessions in April all had the same questions, just in different orders. People that took the test on Sunday always have a big advantage becuase they find out some questions from people that took the test Saturday . But they don’t know the actual answers for sure. 

This October make up test is the same questions as the original test SIX months later. That’s even more unfair.  The protest already happened where every question was reviewed and discussed and the final answer keys came out in September. So not only did they know all the questions. They knew all the answers as well.  There was no tricky questions for them.  No surprises.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone, just wanted to see if anyone has heard anything about exam 3709? Been a while since I’ve heard anything but with spring pick already started wondering if theirs any news.

I think there’s only 2 list #’s left on the old list, so either they establish ours or stop hiring 🤷🏻‍♂️

but then again, I don’t really know anything so don’t take my word for it lol

• 2 weeks later...

what I heard last week was that the test is been investigated due to some, a lot or a specific group cheated. that right cheated and everyone knows it. it good that is being investigated and I truly hope those suffer some consequence. It's not fair to those who study and pass the test on their merits.

I cant see that being the case, we would of known about that months ago and it wouldnt happen just now, If so i guess thats good maybe a few people in front get knocked out of the way. But like JV said the moniter i had in my room was ALWAYS WATCHING i dont really see how it would of been possible for people to cheat unless they actually knew someone in exams unit with the answers? but even so i dont even think they would have access to that.