NYCT Dispatcher Exam #3709 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

Jebbu

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I want to say congratulations & good luck to those who passed the exam. I also want to ask if anyone knows what the chance is of making the list at a good number if I got an 88 total score with seniority and all. I’ve done the math myself according to how the exam is graded. I’m convinced a lot of people have passed the exam which will put me at a higher list number than expected.. any opinions? Thanks.

On 6/12/2023 at 6:37 PM, BkJap77 said:

Hi all. I want to say congratulations & good luck to those who passed the exam. I also want to ask if anyone knows what the chance is of making the list at a good number if I got an 88 total score with seniority and all. I’ve done the math myself according to how the exam is graded. I’m convinced a lot of people have passed the exam which will put me at a higher list number than expected.. any opinions? Thanks.

It all depends. The top guys will be the ones who scored single digits + seniority. If the average person got single digit scores it’ll be competitive. If history repeats itself 88 should make the top 100. The 100th person on the 2014 exam 4700 got an 87.275. On 8702 the 100th person got a 77.50.. it all depends really, statistically that seems like a score that should make the top 100. However, this exam was considered easier than others. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 8:25 PM, bkborn said:

It all depends. The top guys will be the ones who scored single digits + seniority. If the average person got single digit scores it’ll be competitive. If history repeats itself 88 should make the top 100. The 100th person on the 2014 exam 4700 got an 87.275. On 8702 the 100th person got a 77.50.. it all depends really, statistically that seems like a score that should make the top 100. However, this exam was considered easier than 

A person that has 87% & list #70 how long would it take them to get a call?

On 8/30/2023 at 1:40 PM, Ryan B said:

On 8/30/2023 at 1:40 PM, Ryan B said:

It can take 8 months give or take if the list is moving. I’m assuming you’re talking about the OA list. 

• 3 weeks later...