Do non safety sensitive MTA jobs have random drug tests

Hi everybody,

I recently accepted an office job within the MTA. I am still yet to take the pre employment drug test. But I am feeling confident because I haven’t smoked in over two months and am passing my at home tests.

With that being said, is it safe to resume my habit once I pass the pre employment test? I will be working as an analyst in an office, so I’m not sure if I qualify for random tests.  

Any experience or advice would be awesome! Pot is my vice of choice. I could go without, but I would prefer to indulge myself.

thanks for reading. Have a great day. 

On 7/8/2023 at 1:50 PM, IWantANewJobPls said:

Hi everybody,

I recently accepted an office job within the MTA. I am still yet to take the pre employment drug test. But I am feeling confident because I haven’t smoked in over two months and am passing my at home tests.

With that being said, is it safe to resume my habit once I pass the pre employment test? I will be working as an analyst in an office, so I’m not sure if I qualify for random tests.  

Any experience or advice would be awesome! Pot is my vice of choice. I could go without, but I would prefer to indulge myself.

thanks for reading. Have a great day. 

Im processing for analyst too did you get a start date?

• 2 months later...
On 7/14/2023 at 6:05 PM, Xenablaxk said:

Did you take a analyst exam for the position. My start date is coming up!

Hey I think I actually wrote to you on another thread . But did either of you have to take an exam for these positions? If so which positions are you in ? Im trying to apply for an office job as well 

On 9/22/2023 at 10:21 PM, Theresheego said:

Hey I think I actually wrote to you on another thread . But did either of you have to take an exam for these positions? If so which positions are you in ? Im trying to apply for an office job as well 

Hey. I didn't have to take an exam for this position. I don't want to say which position or department I was hired into.