NYC Subway Car Updates as of November 17th, If anyone is interested.

Dave160

I used to feel untrustable under Barack Obama but seeing he elect a lot of my favorite official. I am happy, :P!

And yup, the (MTA) introducing the 63rd street connector really helped in the modernization of Lex Ave. and east river tunnel on the (E) and (V).

The modernization of 71st and Continetal is needed because of it state as terminal for 2 major lines (R) and (V) and a lot of senior residents...

And yup, it was me who said the 71st Continetal is getting ADA Accessibility in the near future (09' to 13')...

The Jewel Ave extension wouldn't be bad and wanted for sure but the (MTA) would need digging between 67th Ave. and 71st Ave. stations. Since it is a road thats starts from Queens Blvd./Yellowstone intersection and runs all the way to around Clearview Express... It would clear way for development in Eastern Queens.

Yeah, we would need to start like a petition in order for the (MTA) to get working on that project again! And the (G) or (V) would be good route to extend, especially when the (V) is sought useless.

And yeah for the last statement, but due to security and safety of passengers... A booth with few station agents are vital...

-Well, Brooklyn will get it! Don't worry! In fact all five boros will get it and Kings. Co is one of the popular ones!

-SAS funding will continue!

-Yeah, the ventilation needs some working on.

-Pump room, yup, it needs some working on too.

-And yeah, maintianing service is vital since NYC is one of the most major and populated cities around...

"And yeah for the last statement, but due to security and safety of passengers... A booth with few station agents are vital..."

I disagree completely on this statement. Humans at booths are not needed whatsoever. They are useless employees. They do maintain forms and stuff for MetroCard failures and the like, but those forms should be available online or mailed to the customer upon request.

Humans at booths do not protect the security of the system. Cameras, and other undisclosed security throughout the transit system do. Governmental agencies are charged with protecting mass transit such as DHS, NYPD, and others. But individuals at booths do not protect the system whatsoever in any way shape or form. Police officers have been found in the system and I saw them recently right around the time of the attack in India.

With that being said, due to economic crisis now, funding mass transit in NYC seems limited without raising fare prices which would hurt the poor significantly so they wont raise the fare much. It would be nice if there was a way to get huge revenues into the system but alas there isn't any for the foreseeable future.

More mass transit will come after we get this new presidency on the road under Barak Obama. He was with the Governor's today.

The New York delegation is now very powerful so the interests of NYC will be well represented.

How are you so sure of that? It wasn't a very big part of his agenda during his campaign as I recall. And what delegation, New York congressmen? I don't understand what you mean.

"But if these boothes are removed and no station agents and security is avalible... Then out system will face more chances of getting attacked!"

If there is a terrorist attack in the system, all of New York will be disrupted and there will be problem to evacuate...

No. These station agents are in booths, they are not NYPD, or DHS Agents. They can not do anything to protect the system whatsoever. They are deadweight. Adequate NYPD + DHS resources and security systems are required. But station agents in booths arent part of the process nor should be.

I am unaware how the NYC Transit security system works nor should be. But the token booth employees arent part of it. We can have flawless security using all modern techniques, and cameras of the entire system could be monitored at one central location, using facial recognition and a whole host of stuff. NYPD and DHS need to be the lead agencies with police able to be on site quickly. If a Terrorist was lying around, the token booth employee is powerless. There is nothing the token booth employee could do whatsoever. They shouldnt have to call the police, in fact they wouldnt need to with modern security, cause it would be caught beforehand. There is nothing a token booth employee could do whatsoever nor should do. Models have been done by security experts who have studied all this and different senarios played out and the like.

The flaws of what happened in London, Madrid and what led to the India situation right now are being studied by security experts here at home. A successful system needs to be deployed with the least resources spent possible to maintain the best security possible and to run risk assessment studies.

But I sincerely doubt that by eliminating useless token booth employees, there would be any negative impact to security. Paying money for employees that don't increase security just cause people THINK it could doesn't make a better system.

Humm, good point if it is true. But, station agents well, they may be helpful to riders. Well, what-so-ever. Dawgs should be allowed in the subway nad lets just not get-too-off-topic...

Still no R160 on the (E) or (F) and R32's are still aplenty. Eventually they will come in.

"But if these boothes are removed and no station agents and security is avalible... Then out system will face more chances of getting attacked!"

If there is a terrorist attack in the system, all of New York will be disrupted and there will be problem to evacuate...

No. These station agents are in booths, they are not NYPD, or DHS Agents. They can not do anything to protect the system whatsoever. They are deadweight. Adequate NYPD + DHS resources and security systems are required. But station agents in booths arent part of the process nor should be.

I am unaware how the NYC Transit security system works nor should be. But the token booth employees arent part of it. We can have flawless security using all modern techniques, and cameras of the entire system could be monitored at one central location, using facial recognition and a whole host of stuff. NYPD and DHS need to be the lead agencies with police able to be on site quickly. If a Terrorist was lying around, the token booth employee is powerless. There is nothing the token booth employee could do whatsoever. They shouldnt have to call the police, in fact they wouldnt need to with modern security, cause it would be caught beforehand. There is nothing a token booth employee could do whatsoever nor should do. Models have been done by security experts who have studied all this and different senarios played out and the like.

The flaws of what happened in London, Madrid and what led to the India situation right now are being studied by security experts here at home. A successful system needs to be deployed with the least resources spent possible to maintain the best security possible and to run risk assessment studies.

But I sincerely doubt that by eliminating useless token booth employees, there would be any negative impact to security. Paying money for employees that don't increase security just cause people THINK it could doesn't make a better system.

"useless token booth employees" ? Ask NYPD about that. A criminal will hesitate to commit a crime with a human present but a camera is only good for identification AFTER the fact. NYPD and Homeland security as taught to all NYCT rapid transit employees. I'll trust the experts thank you.

Archived