The West Hempstead line topic?

Shortline Bus

I call for expansion. LIRR still has chances to put lines back into service before they are filled in built over etc.

Aside from that i think unless someone has some new info...

:deadhorse:

- A

I agree, extend the West Hempstead back to the Hempstead and Mineola stations. ;)

The West Hempstead Line isnt going anywhere....at least not before the Greenport Branch goes...they've been trying to get rid of the Oyster Bay,West Hempstead and Greenport Branches for years.....but locals refuse to let it happen....

Plenty of people use the Oyster Bay branch. It's not as busy as the Port Jefferson, but it has more than sufficient ridership.

Plenty of people use the Oyster Bay branch. It's not as busy as the Port Jefferson, but it has more than sufficient ridership.

Track 8 at Jamaica during the PM rush is jam-packed with people riding on the OB line. Next time i'm down there i'll have to take a photo, it's almost as if someones gonna get pushed off the platform.

Under the current cuts:

LIRR: Eliminate weekend service on West Hempstead branch. Reduce weekday off-peak and weekend

service on the Port Washington branch from half-hourly to hourly. Eliminate service to Belmont station

except for day of the Belmont Stakes.

From: http://mta.info/mta/09/2009_fare_service_notice.pdf

Archived