C train cars at 10??

mark1447

The 3 trips on the (C) are killers you only get 20 Minutes each and a 32 Minute lunch break other then that your on the train.

Yeah... 3 round trips right?

Really sucks for the T/Os on penalty.

Well, I don't care! I would get some fun outta it, ;)!

and good that TrainMaster5 cleared it up! I'd love overtime, :)!

You think you can have fun, as a railfanner. But when you are actually a train operator, you might think differently. And it is not overtime we are talking about here, it is penalty. Overtime is voluntarily; but penalty, you are told to do it (in other words, involuntarily).

The 3 trips on the (C) are killers you only get 20 Minutes each and a 32 Minute lunch break other then that your on the train.

ouch...sounds like a rough day

Well, I don't care! I would get some fun outta it, ;)!

and good that TrainMaster5 cleared it up! I'd love overtime, :)!

it's easy to say that but at the end of the day it's a job. i've seen a lot of railfans think that way and some go on to work for transit and they all say the same thing after they've been working a couple months...you still enjoy it but it's not what it used to be. those of us that maybe wanna work down here someday are fortunate to have the train crews that post here because they tell it like it is. You might think it's fun to operate a train 8+ hours a day with a few minutes here and there for bathroom and food because you've probably never operated before and think it would be cool - but if you had to do it...if you had to do anything, just to put food on the table and pay bills then it's a different story the "choice" is gone and i guarantee after a few months you won't enjoy it, no matter what it is - operating a train, playing sports, being a waiter, being a businessman - the way you think you will...

it's easy to say that but at the end of the day it's a job. i've seen a lot of railfans think that way and some go on to work for transit and they all say the same thing after they've been working a couple months...you still enjoy it but it's not what it used to be. those of us that maybe wanna work down here someday are fortunate to have the train crews that post here because they tell it like it is. You might think it's fun to operate a train 8+ hours a day with a few minutes here and there for bathroom and food because you've probably never operated before and think it would be cool - but if you had to do it...if you had to do anything, just to put food on the table and pay bills then it's a different story the "choice" is gone and i guarantee after a few months you won't enjoy it, no matter what it is - operating a train, playing sports, being a waiter, being a businessman - the way you think you will...

IAWTP 100%

Exactly! I was a train buff myself before I joined transit and it took alot of it out of me. I know a few buffs on the job they all go for the jobs with the less trips or off the road period. I like the road but I only pick those hard jobs unless its because the hours are good or need the money.

ouch...sounds like a rough day

I know, it is like going to Virginia in a round-trip. But I'd bring some ready to eat snacks if it is okay to eat and operate. I'd like it a lot, I don't mind, and I won't feel anyhow bored to see three metal track (two main, and the third), dark tunnel and few lights on the side. And I'd love it if I get the (A) run! B)!

And for few monthes, I'd feel the route is too fast! I need a longer route or an upgrade to the LIRR/MNR!!! :)!!!

OK and what if you have kids and a wife? Do you really just tell them you won't make their basketball game or their award ceremony or that you can't take your wife to dinner because you'd rather stay late and operate a train???

Well, if I have to operate late, I cannot do nothing. But if it is a special situation like that, I'll tell my boss and take a night off. And by the way, I am a sophomore in HS, so don't think... Oh, I have a family. Oh, I have a job from (MTA).

well alot of the T/O's that are faced with that decision are in that situation (having a family) and it's not as easy as just "asking your boss for time off"...

and if you DID have a choice (could pick another tour or another line) you'd probably take that then so you'd have more time at home, which is exactly what people on here been saying...

Whatever, you just don't understand, I won't even get a (MTA) job... Jeez, chill people chill!

no, I understand it because I talk to people that actually work down there (not just on forums) and they all say the same thing. you don't just email your "boss" when you're available week to week and they give you a nice tidy schedule...ever heard the saying "needs of the service?"

i mean you may think you're being clever and just having a grand old time posting whatever you want, but the thing is misinformation like this which isn't always posted as fact, is a lot of times the source for all of the wrong information that goes around out there.

So you are saying I am not a sophomore, and going to work for the (MTA). And by the way, I am not e-mailing whatever boss you are talking about. I'd just notify the boss and tell him in advance so assignments won't get messed up. I am not going to tell him the schedule.

Im not saying anything other than that in the hypothetical situation you gave your actions would get you written up, suspended or possibly even fired with the way things actually work

No one is saying anything about what job you're going to have, and no one's telling you to email an imaginary boss that is only being referred to so that this can be explained to you which isn't working, oh well...just forget about the whole thing...

Ok here is the deal with the (C) Line. The C/R can no longer by in the 4th car since the R40/42 got no C/R's controls in the T/O's like unlike the R32/38. Also they (MTA) don't want to spend money to put new C/R's boards up so they decided to have the C/R in the 5/6 car and the T/O will stop at the end of the station. ALL 10 / 8 car markers been taped over and replaced with a S car marker which mean all train stop there. The has been done on the Whole 8 AVE and the 6TH Ave line between 34 St and Jay St in case of a rerouted (C) train. Also between 34 St and 7 AV on the (D). So the (C) will now always go to the end of the platfrom until further notice.

Its also a pain in the rear for the crew T/O's have to remember to go to the end instead of the 8 which some been doing for YEARS and C/R must change operating positions at Both terminals. I personally glad I left the (C) Line and as long as they keep this set up I won't be returning. None of the operating personal was given the heads up until a few days before it happen and the Pick process completed. If some knew about it I am sure the (C) would be more of a rookie line right now since this leads to more doors holding on a already tight schedule which mean more late trains.

Thanks didnt see this

The MTA is sooooooo cheap!!!B)

Nobody wins, nobody lose!!! Lets cut it out and get back on topic!!!

Well, I am very confused of the (MTA) operations... The Times Sq. Shuttle is 3 cars, the Franklin is 2 cars and the (G) and SIR is 4 Cars and the C is 8! When will they really make it more clear?

Actually the 42nd Street (S)huttle uses 4 cars not 3!

Archived