C train cars at 10??

mark1447

Ok, im fine with the R40S/M ~ R42, on the (C) , now can someone tell me why now does the (C) train have to stop at the [10] Car Sign in the station, if its [8] cars. Before it stopped at [8] but now at [10].

Now it feels like walking 2-3 subway cars to get to the (C), if u r in the back. Especially since the IND platforms are extremely longer then the BMT and then the IRT......

Heres a shot from today, Euclid Avenue Bound (C) Train R40M/42 Coupled at 14th street, doors opened:

d8unndo03rj63wnidrhy.jpg

btw, more pics to come from me, for Mark's Weekends Specials =]~

Technically, it is now a stop indicator. The reason (from my transit friend) is that with the train now having 5 cars before the conductor and 3 after, they kept the same conductor's position as for the 38s and 44s. They were thinking about 10-cars, but I don't know why that was turned down or why it wasn't enacted. It would have been better to do that so the (C) can use all 38s, 40s, 42s, and 44s.

They do it at Fraknlin Av too. I'm used to getting off at the last car and being in front of the entrance. Now, I gotta walk about 2 car lengths to get there.

Question, do they do it at all (C) train stations now?

I believe all (C) trains stop at the 10 car marker instead of the 8. It's a bit inconvenient, especially those who ride on the last car, 8 car.

Ok here is the deal with the (C) Line. The C/R can no longer by in the 4th car since the R40/42 got no C/R's controls in the T/O's like unlike the R32/38. Also they (MTA) don't want to spend money to put new C/R's boards up so they decided to have the C/R in the 5/6 car and the T/O will stop at the end of the station. ALL 10 / 8 car markers been taped over and replaced with a S car marker which mean all train stop there. The has been done on the Whole 8 AVE and the 6TH Ave line between 34 St and Jay St in case of a rerouted (C) train. Also between 34 St and 7 AV on the (D). So the (C) will now always go to the end of the platfrom until further notice.

Its also a pain in the rear for the crew T/O's have to remember to go to the end instead of the 8 which some been doing for YEARS and C/R must change operating positions at Both terminals. I personally glad I left the (C) Line and as long as they keep this set up I won't be returning. None of the operating personal was given the heads up until a few days before it happen and the Pick process completed. If some knew about it I am sure the (C) would be more of a rookie line right now since this leads to more doors holding on a already tight schedule which mean more late trains.

Ok here is the deal with the (C) Line. The C/R can no longer by in the 4th car since the R40/42 got no C/R's controls in the T/O's like unlike the R32/38. Also they (MTA) don't want to spend money to put new C/R's boards up so they decided to have the C/R in the 5/6 car and the T/O will stop at the end of the station. ALL 10 / 8 car markers been taped over and replaced with a S car marker which mean all train stop there. The has been done on the Whole 8 AVE and the 6TH Ave line between 34 St and Jay St in case of a rerouted (C) train. Also between 34 St and 7 AV on the (D). So the (C) will now always go to the end of the platfrom until further notice.

Its also a pain in the rear for the crew T/O's have to remember to go to the end instead of the 8 which some been doing for YEARS and C/R must change operating positions at Both terminals. I personally glad I left the (C) Line and as long as they keep this set up I won't be returning. None of the operating personal was given the heads up until a few days before it happen and the Pick process completed. If some knew about it I am sure the (C) would be more of a rookie line right now since this leads to more doors holding on a already tight schedule which mean more late trains.

Thanks for clarification Dave B). I was always puzzled on how the (C) was situated in stations..

Funny, they just spent money to put in 8 car R160 boards on all the lines in case an (M) is rerouted; but that is a very rare case.

They should put the new boards in at Franklin Av northbound at least. I always said it should have been moved back a bit anyway when it was 8 cars.

From what I remembered, I heard that penalty trips mean no pay. You're behind the window for several hours with no pay. If that is true, that really sucks for the T/O.

Penalty jobs mean built-in overtime. Who told you that penalty means no pay? I'd watch out for anyone who would pass out that kind of misinformation.

Archived