R160 #9251 Out of Service

ipaclansite

I was waiting at 23rd Ely for an E train at around 3:30-3:45. So I get on, take the R32 E that came. And when I finally arrive at Roosevelt, there was announcement saying "Attention Ladies and Gentlemen, the train arriving at the center track is out of service" What do you know it was a R160, so I'm here suspecting that was the R160 E train that was supposed to arrive. Unfortunately I got stuck on the V train, but its better than nothing here's the video I took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG0_aZdwpLw

I was on the (V) train, and didn't know it was that R160 (E) until the (V) closed and started leaving. I'm not sure what was the problem with that (E) however. Those two trains were going at steady speeds, made it quite easy to film using a camera phone lol...

Whatever it was, good to hear its back in service.

If it was broken down though, wouldn't the train be inching and smoking up? I really dont know when a train is broken down :P, out of all the times I've rode the subway which is everyday, I've only seen (ironically) a R32 E train inching its way at Sutphin Blvd, and it was all empty.

What a shame...broken down already lol

It was out of service. But not broken down. It was never in service. You'll see R160s going through the line that aren't in service from time to time. In fact, could be any type of equipment.

More R160s are coming to the E. The E is going to be all R160, probably by summer. Next, F.

9251 is not the set being used in E service(Not at the current time anyway). It's the 1 that has 9237 and 9238 in it. It must had been burn testing

How can that be when 9233-9237 and 9238-9242 were the first (E) on 12/22? I rode those two sets on the first day.(After a chase to WTC)

Archived