The V Train

Bracamonte

It won't be a good idea to run (V) service to Canarcie too many merges and Canarcie always backs up Rush Hour and Lay Up times. Many of days sat at Bway Juct on the (L) waiting for the train ahead of me to move up. If you add the (V) and then they would delay (J) service just waiting for an opening to merge.

As I mentioned in earlier blogs, I think the (V) is a total waste. In my opinion, it destroyed the (G) line. If people from Queens Blvd need to go into Manhattan, the can take the (E) at Queens Plaza where they can transfer to the (:) or (D) at 7 Ave. They can take the (R) at Queens Plaza to 34 Street and transfer to the (F). Besides in Manhattan, there are train lines so close to each other that MOST people can walk within a block or two. There are elevators at 34 Street between transfers. Why should people in Red Hook and Greenpoint get off at Court Square, take that long walk to the (E) train to Queens Plaza, get off and wait for an (R) train? This does not make sense. There are more options getting to and from Queens Blvd and Manhattan. Let's think about our friends and neighbors in those Brooklyn communities who will benefit from the (G) going back to Forest Hills 24/7.

Archived