Beeline artic #563

Articulated450

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (PSP (PlayStation Portable); 2.00))

man guys this artic bus gave me so much trouble im on a run 45 school route and then when im half way there my bus starts to shut off and ever time i restart it it shuts off. then that stopped and then none of my doors would open so i say to myself omg this bus is retarded. i then just called a supervisor and brong it back. what a ride i said

man guys this artic bus gave me so much trouble im on a run 45 school route and then when im half way there my bus starts to shut off and ever time i restart it it shuts off. then that stopped and then none of my doors would open so i say to myself omg this bus is retarded. i then just called a supervisor and brong it back. what a ride i said

Could've ran out of gas?

nope its feul tank was full

Ahh 7706 did the same thing when it ran out of gas hence why I said that.. Hmm could be spark plugs/cables or faulty wiring.

Stop complaining guy. AT MTA we never want the bus to break down on the last trip, but at the beginning or the middle, we hope it happens, and hope the repair truck gets there in time enough for us to kill most or all of our trip, but not to late to make us late clearing. Just pick up your feet, relax, and get that free money. Only if the bus stops running completely, and it is cold, then we had a problem.......

No, we at Liberty and (MTA)Bus Yonkers we get a bus change almost immediately or bring the bus back for new one and we still may not have the trip covered so you'll still have to complete all of you trips, no matter how late. when all is said and done we might get 30min OT after racing w/o a break for the remainder of the run. I know we suck(NYCT)

No, we at Liberty and (MTA)Bus Yonkers we get a bus change almost immediately or bring the bus back for new one and we still may not have the trip covered so you'll still have to complete all of you trips, no matter how late. when all is said and done we might get 30min OT after racing w/o a break for the remainder of the run. I know we suck(NYCT)

yea i know as soon as a bus is broken down the send another one right away.

Sadly, yes your company does suck with that policy. Then pray to not break down. In the MTA DOB, time to go home, bring it back to the depot, wait your time out (depending on how much time is left), disappear. Of course in the subway, well you late, so is everyone behind you. Thank they guy in front for my overtime today.........

Sadly, yes your company does suck with that policy. Then pray to not break down. In the MTA DOB, time to go home, bring it back to the depot, wait your time out (depending on how much time is left), disappear. Of course in the subway, well you late, so is everyone behind you. Thank they guy in front for my overtime today.........

Not us persay, they saw that the way that Liberty did it was more productive(damn). At first when (MTA) took over, we went O/O/S after a breakdown the same was as TA/OA until they could get the bus running and brought it in.

Then the shop would show up from OA most likely and stated that it was not their equiptment and waited till a line supervisior came to fix the bus. Then (MTA)Bus got smart and went w/ the Liberty way and (MTA)Bus stuck w/ it (damn):)(NYCT)

Not us persay, they saw that the way that Liberty did it was more productive(damn). At first when (MTA) took over, we went O/O/S after a breakdown the same was as TA/OA until they could get the bus running and brought it in.

Then the shop would show up from OA most likely and stated that it was not their equiptment and waited till a line supervisior came to fix the bus. Then (MTA)Bus got smart and went w/ the Liberty way and (MTA)Bus stuck w/ it (damn):)(NYCT)

i know liberty is dedicated to doing its job right i know drivers were as soon as there is somethng wrong with the bus they tell the dispatcher they tell em to bring t back and get another bus.

In terms of service the Liberty way is good b/c buses are actually on the road all be it late, but there. OTOH I feel if the (MTA) makes follow all the (MTA) rules/regs. then we should do things the (MTA) way and pay us (MTA) pay, if not we do it our way and let us do our jobs. IMO service is the primary concern, I mean I've driven buses w/o workin' wipers in rain storms

(I used to keep rain-x with me) and no A/C in 90 degree heat among other things, just to make service right after the takeover b/c we worked w/ our former supervisiors from Liberty and did it right(NYCT)

i know liberty is dedicated to doing its job right i know drivers were as soon as there is somethng wrong with the bus they tell the dispatcher they tell em to bring t back and get another bus.

Since you worked for MTA first, you know when we call it in,

Console: "is it still running"

Driver: "yes even though the transmission isn't shifting properly, and the bus jerks changing gears"

Console: "Call back if it breaks down"

I learned to not call, and do everything humanly possible, to put it OOS. That means transmission troubles, press harder on the accelerator, to really do damage. No A/C, customers complained, tell them take the bus number, call MTA, and be on here so if I find a dispatcher, they can ream them out, so they do say take the bus in. You also learn if you know the bus is broken down when you get to the end of the line, don't call it in until your leaving time. This was with KB Dawgs though, since we all got tired of driving the garbage that was sent there, and the troubles those artics caused in the summer. Too small an engine, for such a heavy a$$ bus, with two huge A/Cs. Oh well, when is it my turn to overheat.........

and yea TheHat i know what u mean i had a few times in the summer where when i had a 400 series orion it either be the A/c broke or if i had it on for to long my bus wouldnt start up right it was a pain.

DOB2RTO i know the deal with MTA. when i first got with Liberty i could tell the diffrence.

This is why if I was going to drive a bus for a living, I would go with Liberty Lines. Night and day between the two. I like driving a non dented, painted, unexposed rust hole, clean bus. Some city garbage trucks put alot of MTA NYCTA buses to shame.......

This is why if I was going to drive a bus for a living, I would go with Liberty Lines. Night and day between the two. I like driving a non dented, painted, unexposed rust hole, clean bus. Some city garbage trucks put alot of MTA NYCTA buses to shame.......

that is true Liberty sure knows how to keep their buses in good shape i like when im operating the orion Vs and their articulateds

that is true Liberty sure knows how to keep their buses in good shape i like when im operating the orion Vs and their articulateds

I want to drive a 600 series Orion V of Bee-Line, and an DD60 powered Neoplan AN460. Can you help?????

and yea TheHat i know what u mean i had a few times in the summer where when i had a 400 series orion it either be the A/c broke or if i had it on for to long my bus wouldnt start up right it was a pain.

Remember the flexi's. You couldn't leave the stop w/ the A/C on, unless you wanted to get out and push!

When we got the 100's and the 9290's some of them looked worse than stuff I've seen in scrap yards. I had a 100 w/ a cracked window that kept crackin more and more while the bus was idiling during pre-trip and they said "Take it out. We don't have any more orions to give you. Anyways, you only got a round trip to do, it should hold."(Since I was one of a few trained to drive an Orion in Yonkers that's all I could take out) (MTA)Major Trashed Accidents:)(NYCT)

Remember the flexi's. You couldn't leave the stop w/ the A/C on, unless you wanted to get out and push!

Those things were loud and slow, except 875, 876, 877, 878, and 879, aka the powerhouse 5. I did that with the older MTA artics, cause they are slow with the A/C going. Uphill, "sorry ladies and gents, but to make it up this hill, you have to fry for a few"...........

When we got the 100's and the 9290's some of them looked worse than stuff I've seen in scrap yards. I had a 100 w/ a cracked window that kept crackin more and more while the bus was idiling during pre-trip and they said "Take it out. We don't have any more orions to give you. Anyways, you only got a round trip to do, it should hold."(Since I was one of a few trained to drive an Orion in Yonkers that's all I could take out) (MTA)Major Trashed Accidents:)(NYCT)

Never seen the pics of the rust holes I took of KB's dawgs, huh??? Cracked frames, rust through, horrid turning radius, I had one Orion that would ride straight, then you hear a thump, and it would side saddle down the road (back wheels would offset, so back of bus was farther to one side than the front).............

Nothing like loose, dogtracking rear axle to get the blood flowing in the mornin' eh!:cool:(NYCT)

i remeber the flixs they were alright i liked them it took long for them to get up to speed though. the artics have speed though i use them to full potential.

i remeber the flixs they were alright i liked them it took long for them to get up to speed though. the artics have speed though i use them to full potential.

Don't get me wrong, I wish we could have brought a county flex, we already have an 870 & NJT Metro B, but a whistleing county "B" would have finished me off. I mean a 6V92 to a Voith. I'd be finished:) Even if I had to turn off the A/C to take off. Now a Neoplan, take off the throttle delay and I'd be in business. Oh!, like 558:cool:

Don't get me wrong, I wish we could have brought a county flex, we already have an 870 & NJT Metro B, but a whistleing county "B" would have finished me off. I mean a 6V92 to a Voith. I'd be finished:) Even if I had to turn off the A/C to take off. Now a Neoplan, take off the throttle delay and I'd be in business. Oh!, like 558:cool:

yup i know what u mean a buddy of mine was a lucky one he had #558 three days ago

Archived